ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to post up my recent experiences at Thill. The track event was hosted by CFRA (Checkered Flag Racing Association) on monday. We used the long course configuration run in reverse with the bypass on turn 5. The morning was pretty crappy, it was misting until around 12 making for a VERY wet and slippery track. During my first rungroup a guy stuffed his E36 M3 into the wall at the exit of turn 14, the guy was ok, the car was a total loss.
My car was absolutely brilliant, the only car that was able to consisitantly pass (read lap) me was a C6 z06 and daymn that thing was fast. I spent the majority of the day toying with a guy in an s2k. In the beginning of the day i got past him and was able to keep him at bay, but as the day wore on he was able to pass me but was not able to get away from me. Finally at the end of the day i was once again able to pass him and shake him off of my bumper and later out of my rear view mirror.

·
Registered
75 Posts
sounds like you had a great time out there blackmx5! thunderhill sounds like an awesome track. i've only run buttonwillow and streets of willow (so close to southern california) but would one day love to drive laguna seca and thunderhill.

i have yet to track my miata since getting it. i have an integra r that i take out and it's a total blast. unfortunately, i don't see too many miatas on the courses when i'm out there.

thanks for sharing the pics...amonst all the drifting and drag racing, IMO, road racing is the ultimate! :)

kepani

·
Registered
32 Posts
Great pics Dan!(?)! Looks like fun. Hope to see ya at the WingStop Meet.

-Byron

I was the other jrsc guy at Krispy Kreme.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the commens, i was supposed to be at buttonwillow today but due to finals i had to pass. Providing my car is in one piece i will be running at laguna seca sometime in september.

B.Cruz, im Jeff my brother is Dan, hes got the stockish red NA. and i should be at the wingstop meet so ill see you there.

Jeff

·
Registered
459 Posts
nice pics--i love thunderhill, never ran it backwards tho--that must be interesting. maybe i'll run into on the track someday.

happy driving!

from one jeff to another,

geoff

·
Registered
343 Posts
I was hoping to see some pics of the C6 Z06 in the link you posted!! Are you sure it was a C6? Because there were some C5's in the pics.

Thunderhill is awsome! I used to go there when I lived in Norcal. Thats the same track they did a cadilac commercial a few years back. I think it was the CTS.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Great pics! Thanks, now if you get to do Laguna Seca, I'll be even more jealous.

I'll get to the track mid October and can already taste. Hallett, Oklahoma!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
unfortunately i wont be able to do LS this season, reg closes on the 24th but i will have just started school on the event day. Im hoping for next year, but i still get to do infenion and another event at thill this season.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts