ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What's up guys? Just another newbie here from New Hampshire. I picked up an old turd of a rotted out, ripped up 94 Miata about a month ago. Been driving it quite a bit and love the damn thing! It had just under 160K on it, a broken LF spring, ripped top, rotted rockers, a huge dent, and pinkish paint...

But the interior is decent and it started and ran... ;) Plus, it was a 94, so it as the "big" motor and "big" brakes. lol

Here's the night after I got it, swapping out the busted spring/shock assembly.

Think that could be the problem?

So far I've done plugs & wires, valvecover gasket (so I had to paint the cover - with what I had laying around that was closest to red), adjusted the idle, cleaned out the mouse turd,all brakes, Frankenstein'd an exhaust, and tossed in a stereo. Also added some Enkei 15x8 +25 J-speeds. Had 195/50 Kumho Ecsta AST's on it and they were HORRIBLE on the 1st autoX I took them to, but not it's on 205/50 Kumho Ecsta XS's.

See what happens when you're bored and have some flashing kicking around?

And autocross. Oh how I suck at that... But it's fun!

A little time with the buffer and it came out decent enough...

I've been beating the snot out of it, and riding it daily, and having a blast. Will be a great summer commuter/autoX beater! Hell, I even get 26mpg still with the autoXs on the tank! That's a Hell of a lot better than the 11-13mpg I get in the CTS-V and 12 I get in my 2500 Sierra! ;)

What's the plan? Foam and fiberglass for the rockers. Spray it in my garage. Maybe fancy, but probably not. Maybe some bolt-on flares. I need some coilovers and a good front bar. Hundred fifty dollah ebay top. Roll bar. You know, the basics...

Anyways, I've been lurking for a few years since I had my last one just before we got pregnant. Sold it before I did anything with it. Finally signed up last night because I need to buy some parts to sort out the suspension. It may get a turbo or a supercharger at some point, since it's not as rusty as I initially thought... But I also have a 5.3L LS motor and T56 in the garage that are waiting to go into something...

So anyways... Hello!

·
Registered
747 Posts
Welcome! I was living in Stratham this time last year. Awesome state, dude.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Welcome. Great job resurrecting that car from near death. I enjoy driving mine way more than my Camaro.

Tony C.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Thanks for the welcome, guys. :)

I already got the top from an eBay vendor. It's a one piece and it was only $159 shipped! Now I just need to find the time to get it on... ;)

I also have a set of Suspension Techniques springs and a set of Racing Beat springs to try out... I've got a pretty decent looking set of used shocks that I think I am going to try the RB's on first...

Always something to do!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts