ClubRoadster.net banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts
I am a little late to the party, and I somehow let this slip under the radar.

I have a ton of questions regarding this swap. For those that have driven it, or are more familiar with it, how does it affect handling? I flipped thru Titus's build thread over at the Grassroots Motorsport forum & while he is doing it very right, and he's documenting the process very well; it looks pretty intense. I've only helped do a 1.8 swap and helped on turbo builds; how much more (or less) involved is it compared to the "usual" LSx swap? Anyone have a link to a completed build thread? Is there a parts list available, and modifications list compiled?

I'm very seriously contemplating doing this instead of possibly going LSx in the future. The cost is a fraction of what the LSx would end up at & seems to be close to what my "perfect world" goal is - 250-275 naturally aspirated powers & as light (and cheap) as can be.

Yea I would also love to end up throwing a v6 in a miata. This just seems like what mazda should have done from the factory. I do love the fun of a little high reving low powered light car teaching you to drive but a smooth na powered v6 sounds like the perfect mix for a dual purpose trak and street miata. I gotta research up on this honda swap now ha.

Yea I would also love to end up throwing a v6 in a miata. This just seems like what mazda should have done from the factory. I do love the fun of a little high reving low powered light car teaching you to drive but a smooth na powered v6 sounds like the perfect mix for a dual purpose trak and street miata. I gotta research up on this honda swap now ha.
Did you ever get any research done on this? Wondering if you went through with it. I live in Northern VA... so I guess we are relatively close. :smile:

Any updates? or anyone else doing the swap?

I'm saving pennies now for the Mini-tec swap, it seems to make the most dollars/performance sense right now. HondaNick, you are using the AEM ecu, but it was mentioned earlier that using the manual tranny CL Type S ecu would be better, why is that? You mentioned elsewhere that the AEM PNP ain't really PNP. You posted pics or something about it in a different thread, but I'm not able to see the images - do you or anyone else have those images or know what I'm talking about?

This is more of a question to swaps in general, but I want to retain A/C, I know you can do that with the swap. However my A/C has never blown cold air, might need a recharge, might have a leak - I'm guessing it would be smartest to tackle the AC issue before undertaking the swap?

Is there a proper JV6 Miata swap forum that would have more info? We all know CR doesn't have the traffic it once did...

21 - 34 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.