ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you've ever noticed, and I have, there seem to be quite a few japanese cars on the internet, and even in a few magazines that seem to have snap-on brand keys... turns out that in Japan, you can purchase the screwdriver ends for your ignition key... well after much searching, and alot of blind clicking, I found them on the snap-on Japan website... heres the link- http://www.wisecart.ne.jp/snapon/9....nt.5/flag. item_end/order.desc, it_code desc/

anyone have any idea how I can get my hands on these? I doubt that my snap-on guy at work has access to them, anyone know an importer that could get them?

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hmmmmm, september..... that could suck, I'll try and catch the snapon guy at work this week also...

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
k snapon guy at work has no idea what I'm talkin about, he's never seen it b4. However, he is checking with snap-on, and I am communicating with them via e-mail.

They say it is a Key ring, which is fine, because I assumed I'd have to do the key insertion myself anyway. And the lady (go figure) that mailed me back sent me a very curt email stating that it was not a tool, that it was a key ring. So I mailed her back and said that I was fully aware that it is a key ring, and I still want a few of them to play with. we'll see what she says!

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok, well the lady from snap-on was rather bitchy with me in her 2nd e-mail. I'm going to buy a couple shorty screwdrivers from snap=on and do it myself! I'll let ya know how it goes!

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok, so how exactly did you get the key in there? I broke down and purchased 2 stubbies from the snap-on guy today, and managed to get the bits out of them already. I figured I'd take a grinding wheel to the large end of the key and shape it down, and then insert it into the handle as the bit was????? and then drill out a small hole on the other side and insert part of one of those snap apart keys?????

·
Registered
144 Posts
After you grind down the key....Heat the end with a torch,while holding with vise-grips..when it is red insert it into the handle,When it is in correct,pour water on it.[You need two people for the last part though]Easy!....The other end is just a self-tapping loop from the depot! :p

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
mkay, my first one is done! used a black snap-on stubby for mine (if you've seen my car you know why) looks good! I'll post a pic or 2 later tonight!

·
Registered
28 Posts
ok Now ya got me thinking......

problem is I can't seem to locate the small stubby on Snap-on's website and I can't say I've ever come across a snappy tool truck in our neighborhood.

Where are they available? Cost?

·
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND
5,096 Posts
I can get you these if you ask me nicely and pay me back.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I like the Snap-on one in the pic but $30.00? ouch
ultimateforce I'll talk nice AND throw in a pepsi... annnnnd how much is yours lol

Until I find one of those cheaper....

I went Craftsman lol

Attachments

1 - 20 of 24 Posts