ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey to all, it HAS been TOO long. I am planning on getting the Kansas City Roadsters together!!!

I understand we are in winter months and having a meet is usually not going to happen. This is why I am starting a 'get together' on the forum first.

About Me: My name is Derek and I have lived in the Kansas City area since 1994-2010. I then had a taste of the beautiful Orlando area for a year. (2010-2011) Unfortunately, I just moved back to the Kansas City area due to family issues. For the year I was in the Orlando area, I was involved in the All Florida Miata Meet with over 300 miatae! and the Miatae at Sebring. I was an active member of the Orlando Roadsters as well.

With much due respect to kabel and phatmiatafor helping me, I would like to announce a new chapter to the miata family. The Kansas City Roadsters will be kinda like a sister chapter to the Orlando Roadsters. With a meet once a month on a Mon at one of our designated restaurants, this should be a blast! I will be investing a lot of time and money to jump-start this. I also should have some flyers and business cards to drop on this page soon to hand out to fellow miatae and or shops.

What do you guys and gals think? I would love to hear your impute. I will have this exact post on miata.net and clubroadster.net.

And I have to shout out to the Orlando Roadsters, 13thumper, mia95, and f86sabjf for the love at home from far away!

Here are some quick links:
All Florida Miata Meet - http://clubroadster.net/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=40707
Sebring Miata Meet - http://clubroadster.net/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=49550
Orlando Roadsters - http://clubroadster.net/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=53913
[email protected] PreRace - http://forum.miata.net/vb/showthread.php?t=408066

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Sweet. I'm around the area.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sounds great guys. I will be keeping a close eye on this for the upcoming weekend.

I will try to get some 'basic' flyers for everyone to print if they want to get a jump on this. Give me some ideas on dates. It doesnt nesseccarily have to be mondays but something we all could work to.

Once the day is finalized, that will be the period on every month. I will also be letting everyone know about upcoming KCRoadster meets.

Here is a quick vid of the Miatae at Sebring: http://youtu.be/BryTuAkqZ1c

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
PLEASE PRINT THIS OUT AND PASS TO ALL THE MIATAE YOU CAN!!!

The cold winter months are upon us! We're having our first meet on MARCH 15, 2012!!!

Kansas City Roadsters Meet - MARCH 2012
Thursday, March 15, 2012
HOOTERS
10620 Metcalf Lane
Overland Park, KS 66212

Start gathering anytime beginning around 6-30pm.

Kansas City Roadsters:
Inspired by the Orlando (FL) Roadsters that was established in 2002 by a group of young Miata enthusiasts, we bring you the new chapter for the Midwest. The Kansas City Roadsters is something new that the Midwest needed for our miatas.

We will try to get together at least once a month; the tradition will always be a meet on a Thursday evening once a month.

If this is your first time out to one our meets it is quite informal, just a simple get-together. Start gathering any time after 6-30pm. We typically hang out in the parking lot till 7:15pm then head inside for food, depends on the weather and how hungry we are.

No fees, no rules, just an open mind, a positive attitude and a passion for cars, come on out and join us sometime.

If this is a flyer and never heard of Kansas City Roadsters, you’re missing out! Please visit clubroadster.netand sign up on our forum! Club roadster is a special site just for our Miatas! Find out cool tutorials, modifications, and group buys! Scroll down to the Midwest section and check out all the cool stuff going on in your neighborhood! We will have lots of plans coming for the next year!

·
Registered
141 Posts
I am right next to KC too.
I work nights though, So not sure if I can make it out much.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am right next to KC too.
I work nights though, So not sure if I can make it out much.
Since its so far ahead, you gotta call that night off for work!!! :whistle: lol Hope to see you there and many updates till then...

·
Registered
742 Posts
Just moved back to KC in Aug. Sold the car tho.

·
Supporting Member
106 Posts
this is definitely an awesome idea come spring/summer months. Some friends of mine have been doing this for a couple years now every wed night at sonic (weather permitting) in omaha. if I'm back in the states on leave i'd love to make a little day trip down to kc.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Good Afternoon KC Roadsters:

MVP Track Time (www.MVPTrackTime.com) is hosting a track weekend at Heartland Park in Topeka May 12-13, 2012. All are welcome and invited to join us for the on-track fun.

We schedule a minimum of six, 20-minute run sessions for each of the three (Novice, Intermediate and Advanced) run groups each day. We have qualified instructors available for the Novice group.

All info and registration is available on our "Track Day Registration" page of the web site at:

If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to call me at (314) 249-3770 or e-mail [email protected].

Happy Motoring and I hope to see you at HPT!

Feff

·
Registered
659 Posts
I'll try to get a few St Louis people interested in coming out there...I lived there for a while in college, and still take weekend trips back.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for the heads up guys! Lets keep the ideas rolling!

March is coming up quick!

YEAAAHHHH!

·
Registered
202 Posts
Just figured I'd throw this out there. I think it might be a bit of a drive for most of you guys, but if you're interested, McPherson College (McPherson, KS) is running their 13th annual car show May 5th this year. It's primarily vintage and classic cars, a few newer cars show up as well though. I'll be there helping with parking. It's usually pretty fun, you can see our Model T Build team assemble a Model T in under 15 minutes. Anyway, figured I'd let you all know.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I will try to make the meeting as well (also working nights). Looking forward to meeting other roadsters in the area. I will also reach out to a few friends and spread some interest.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts