ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking to change my suspension with some KYB + new springs (eibach or similar), What do you think is it a good choice?
This change is for a better handling and looks

Thanks

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
I think imez2miss is right but I prefer to pop for the extra for the adjustability if you want. on ebay its not that big a difference. between agx and gr2 retail

·
Registered
104 Posts
I use the AGX and Eibach combination with an agressive alignment and the remainder of the suspension is stock. I'm happy with the change and both handling and appearance is much better. Both components came from auctions on ebay.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OCRedRoadster, did you change anything on the shocks? I ask this because i was told that on OEM shock you should increase the screw thread for lower spring, and the AGX are just the same size of the OEM (except rear).
Or was just drop on the car and alignment?

·
Registered
104 Posts
I Installed the AGX first with the stock springs and then later (2000 miles) bought the Eibachs and installed them and alignment at max camber at -1.2 front & -1.5 rear camber and zero toe front and rear (so I could play with it later...). I have 15x7 wheels and Toyo Proxes4 195 15 50 at about 31 psi all around.

I didn't make any other alterations or adjustments to the car's suspension and I find the car immensely fun to drive now. I've been running a stiffness setting on the shocks at 3 front and 4 rear but recently upped it to 4 front and 5 rear for this weekend. No substantial bottoming front or rear yet. Very little dive on braking, squat on acceleration or leaning in the turns. When driven fast is very steerable with the throttle if you get a little gross with it and otherwise quite neutral and balanced and tossable. The car rides a little stiffly but still the tires seem to follow the rougher roads. I only have a few fast drives on it (weekend type project car) but so far it?s a nice upgrade for cheap!

·
Registered
150 Posts
I've got the KYB+Eibach combo in the NB flavor and i think its far better than the NA version of the same. That said, I really wish the springs were stiffer, espically on the NA ones. Only reason I got the Eibach springs was because the springs, shocks, and top mounts were like $220 from someone who didn't know what they had.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What do you think on these Tein S?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts