ClubRoadster.net banner

121 - 135 of 135 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
That's a front wing ;)
Good to know lol. I was talking more along the lines of not buying an off the shelf wing (APR etc..) and fabbing something up instead.

GTC200 can't be swan necked. I know people have done it in the past (w/ rivnuts and what not) but I do not recommend it. Anyway if you are serious about aero, send me an email or PM and we can talk about specifics ;)

-Henry
I'll definitely shoot you an email soon!

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
I've been thinking of fender cutting here recently. Seems there are two options, top fender vents and cutting out the back. What are the advantage of each, what are the side effects? Given that Morpheus has both are there interplay issues or is it that both together allow for more flow?

If I'm understanding things correctly, the end goal is to help extract the hot and high pressure air from around the wheel and to a lesser extent the engine bay. This flow will keep things cooler and has some benefit of creating downish forces because of lower pressure. Though they are apparently some downsides as not ever non-class-restricted car has them?

·
Aero Master
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #123
Advantage of louvers on top:
airflow flowing over the fenders aids evacuation of high pressure in the wheel well.

Advantages of vented rear:
possibly less drag (louvers can add drag depending on design) but should be combined with diffuser sections in the front splitter

Both together allow for more flow, and also flow from different regions of the wheel well.

-Henry

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
Lovely work, but seems like that would be hard to manufacture. I'm guessing that there is some advantages to the decreasing angles and widths of each slat?

·
Aero Master
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #131
Lovely work, but seems like that would be hard to manufacture. I'm guessing that there is some advantages to the decreasing angles and widths of each slat?
They are not going to be your simple laser cut and bend by hand type louver. This will require laser cutting, bending, and welding. However, the end result will be worth the work that goes into it. The decreasing angles of the slats are to help the air flow easier out of the louvers.

-Henry

121 - 135 of 135 Posts