ClubRoadster.net banner
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Functionally formed.
2,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Alright, I need an opinion here.

I like my K1's, but I've always wanted something polished with a dish. I'm sick of ridding around on these sunk, curbed up Kosei's. On the other hand, I'm not sure if I wanna get thrown into the "OMGZ Racelands and XXR's" category. The offset and width of the XXR's are both nice, but weight is a downside.

Here are my K1's:

Here are the XXR 513's that I want:

Otherwise I've been looking at the chromium black XXR 527's, what do you guys think?

I know it's my car, but I'm torn on what to do, and I'd like some outside input.

·
Supporting Member
2,003 Posts
I don't see anything wrong with xxrs.
15x8.25 for under 400. Ok with me.

I think your car with the chromium 527s would look good.

·
Registered
985 Posts
I think the Koseis look really good. Plus you have some legit wheels while you save for something even cooler than XXRs (not knocking XXRs at all).

·
Premium Member
366 Posts
I have that same dilemma. I love my kosei's but I don't like the offset. I like the XXR's but where I work the boss would never stop makin fun of me. So I decided to save up for some 6ul's or some enkie's. Cost more but it's worth it.

·
Functionally formed.
2,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
weight of each?
tire size running on each?

personal opinion?
kosei's
Kosei K1's = 13.5 lbs
XXR 513 = 17.0 lbs
XXR 527 = 15.4 lbs

Currently running 205/50/15's on the K1's, but would run 195/45's on my next set of wheels.

Currently tossing around the idea of big spacers on the K1's and maybe repainting them. But with spacers, I wouldn't be able to use my current tires (which I JUST bought). Ugh...

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
1st reaction: K1's
2nd reaction: 527's black
3rd reaction: the other ones

I've always liked the K1's on the NA

·
Functionally formed.
2,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Would you not run into traction problems dropping down tire size?

Real opinion, stay with a 205
I'm not sure, possibly. The tires on my car in the first pics are actually 195/55's. I don't have pics in here of the 205/50's, they're meaty. I like the little amount of stretch I'd get from 195/45's on an 8" wheel.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Might be some stretch with T1Rs

1 - 20 of 72 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.