ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Mufasa in Training
33,189 Posts
Wow...that's quite a car! I'm impressed. How's the seat fit?

·
3,542 Posts
Hot damn! I wanna see pics of David with his cheeks pulled to his ear, like Clarkson when he drove the Atom! :lol: <--like that

M

·
0 Posts
hmm... i thought the seats where individual buckets seats.
The Recaros cost $1100 more and Dave said they raised the seating position too high.

The whole bench/double bucket is FRP. It's adjustable as a unit by repositioning two bolts on each side into different holes to move it up or back. There is a nice foot rest for the passenger to brace themself against. The floor is the tub, just one layer of CF, so you have to be careful not to put your full weight on it when getting in and out.

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
I've read about this car in evo magazine since 2000 (when it used to have Audi power and then Honda power). Even though I can appreciate the engineering I never really cared for the looks before but now I'm really digging the black paint job. With Mr. Woolery's Atom everything has finally clicked for me and I am beginning to understand the beauty of this car. The reflections on the nose cone look evil, like some sort of futuristic battleship.

M

·
0 Posts
Damn man. Major props to your photography. Woah.
He is really good.

FYI, Peter, he was using a fill flash with a diffuser on it and aiming it away from the car. I think that's what gives in the even lighting with no hot spots like I always get with the flash aimed directly at the subject. Plus, of course he's using an SLR with real lenses, not the size of the fingernail on my little finger!

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks for the compliments on the photos. Yeah I use a 20D slr and the lens all those were taken with was a 12-24mm, so its really wide angle. And yeah I had a little dohickey called a "Lightsphere" on my flash, but partially I lucked out with having a big white surface above the car to bounce the flash off!

·
3,542 Posts
Now David needs to get the baddest helmet ever! Something that looks like Darth Vader!

·
The Vorlon
4,516 Posts
Now David needs to get the baddest helmet ever! Something that looks like Darth Vader!
Hehehe... if you only knew. :twisted:

BTW, I am REALLY impressed with Dave's photography! Dave, if you ever want to do a full on photoshoot, let me know. I'd love to get pics done under ideal conditions. (please oh please oh please) [-o<

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
thanks for the compliments on the photos. Yeah I use a 20D slr and the lens all those were taken with was a 12-24mm, so its really wide angle. And yeah I had a little dohickey called a "Lightsphere" on my flash, but partially I lucked out with having a big white surface above the car to bounce the flash off!
Man, I got a lot to learn from you. I hope to see you at the next meet and check out the gears.

·
Registered
582 Posts
damn! car is damn sexy! who is dave the photographer?

dave do you do this professionally or just a hobby? My girlfriend is having a fashion show and it would be cool if you can help out taking nice pics... let me know :mrgreen:

·
4,438 Posts
I think I made a mistake in getting the Atom. The turn radius is too wide, the power is too flicky, and I'm just not "getting it".
Hey David - are you seriously having second thoughts on the ATOM? Or was this post on Pointless just a "poke"? Confuzzeled! :-s

·
The Vorlon
4,516 Posts
I think I made a mistake in getting the Atom. The turn radius is too wide, the power is too flicky, and I'm just not "getting it".
Hey David - are you seriously having second thoughts on the ATOM? Or was this post on Pointless just a "poke"? Confuzzeled! :-s
Naw, I was just kidding...it was lightly poking fun at Mokkers' Bimmer experience. I love the Atom!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts