ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Mi'd rather have the sound of a stock miata over that.
Are you kidding????? I had been thinking of doing an ITB'd KLZE swap for a while, and then this thing popped up a few months ago, and I was like 'damn, he beat me to it'

I'd have done it for the sound alone, it's orgasmic.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I used to have an MX6 with a KLZE in it. God, that was the best thing about that car: the SOUND. When you would get that thing above 4000 rpm it would make music! The miata motor, though nice in its own right, makes vulgar noise in comparison.

Sometimes I miss that car. :(

·
because **** you
6,665 Posts
Mi'd rather have the sound of a stock miata over that.
Are you kidding????? I had been thinking of doing an ITB'd KLZE swap for a while, and then this thing popped up a few months ago, and I was like 'damn, he beat me to it'

I'd have done it for the sound alone, it's orgasmic.
Nope, sounds like some 350Zs also and I never really liked the way those sounded either. Maybe it's because that's the way all the cars in video games used to sound, all of them exactly the same :?

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
Nope, sounds like some 350Zs also and I never really liked the way those sounded either.
It must be the intake resonance on the V6 that you don't like as both 350z and IRTB KLZE Miata have lots of it. Have you heard any late '80s - early '90s GM cars like the Beretta or Lumina? There is something very characteristic about all those V6 engine cars. Must be the firing order or something?

·
Registered
212 Posts
I used to have an MX6 with a KLZE in it. God, that was the best thing about that car: the SOUND. When you would get that thing above 4000 rpm it would make music! The miata motor, though nice in its own right, makes vulgar noise in comparison.

Sometimes I miss that car. :(
yep, they can sound great. a turbo kl with 3in exhaust and a flowmaster 40 series: freaking sweet!!!!!!!

·
because **** you
6,665 Posts
Nope, sounds like some 350Zs also and I never really liked the way those sounded either.
It must be the intake resonance on the V6 that you don't like as both 350z and IRTB KLZE Miata have lots of it. Have you heard any late '80s - early '90s GM cars like the Beretta or Lumina? There is something very characteristic about all those V6 engine cars. Must be the firing order or something?
Nope I haven't, but that would explain it

1 - 14 of 14 Posts