ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Supporting Member
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Like the title says I need a new windshield from some place in the so-cal area. Anyone know somewhere cheap that would have miata glass? Im willing to drive a bit if its a deal.

That being said, My windshield got cracked earlier today while parked outside a friends place.... I don't know how but the gardeners were mowing and weed whacking next to my car and I didn.t catch it in time :fp:. A small rock chipped the windshield right below the wiper. before i noticed the chip.....crack a good 12 inches across the passenger side.:| O well
I guess these sort of things happen. Ill post pictures a little later.

Anyone here know an estimated price on a new piece of glass?

·
Kony For President
2,036 Posts
Re: know a good place for a windsheild?

Gardeners have to pay for it.

I've had a few safelite quotes and they seem pretty reasonable.

·
Supporting Member
873 Posts

Try Park Auto Glass. They're generally pretty cheap. I'd guess a Miata windshield is probably around $ 200 installed.

·
Supporting Member
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info guys ill give them a call to see what they charge. Obviously I was going to call a glass store but I just wanted to know if someone local knew a reputation location that they have used before.

·
RDR
4,252 Posts
if i remember, maybe around 200isH?? you can call a mobile glass guy, just tell them what car you have, and the drive by your house and replace it on your driveway. That way your car can sit and the glue/seal what not can cure. instead of driving home with it not dried yet (IDK if that really does matter or not, but hell if its around the same price and YOU don't have to go ANYWHERE, and they come to you.. its pretty sweet.)

·
Premium Member
2,938 Posts

Gardeners have to pay for it.

I've had a few safelite quotes and they seem pretty reasonable.
Unless you've got video proof of it happening, you're SOL on them paying anything

i had foot long scratches down both sides of my Protege due to the lawn service here at work

As to glass, your insurance company doesn't do it? I crack my windshield and i've got a glass company out replacing the windshield no questions asked and no money outa pocket tome

·
Supporting Member
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for all the input everyone. I'll be opting to do the mobile glass... coupeloop made a good point about letting it dry. Besides I might as well sit on my ass and watch them do it at my house.
I live in the Santa Monica area if anyone knows a local service. Ill probably call after one once get back from my trip to Snow Summit tomorrow. I may end up having to drive my miata up there with a friend and all our gear... hopefully the windshield doesn't give way.

·
Supporting Member
873 Posts

Try Park Auto Glass. They're generally pretty cheap. I'd guess a Miata windshield is probably around $ 200 installed.

I should mention I've seen guys from Park install hundreds of windshields, without come backs.
I know they work in OC, not sure about LA.

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
Thanks for all the input everyone. I'll be opting to do the mobile glass... coupeloop made a good point about letting it dry. Besides I might as well sit on my ass and watch them do it at my house.
I live in the Santa Monica area if anyone knows a local service. Ill probably call after one once get back from my trip to Snow Summit tomorrow. I may end up having to drive my miata up there with a friend and all our gear... hopefully the windshield doesn't give way.

Windshields are laminated. There is a clear plastic/vinyl type stuff between two pieces of glass. Unless something acctually goes through all 3 layers your windshield will never just give way... All a crack is, is a restriction to your view and it looks bad.

·
Registered
49 Posts
i got my windshield replaced on my gti for $120 in La Puente Valley blvd exit 605 and its right next door to a gentlemen's club so you can watch a lady rather than a guy getting sweaty with your car lol

1 - 20 of 20 Posts