ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey

Im planning to get koni race shocks and ground control 750/400 springs. Noticed alot of the track guys are using this setup so i believe it will be great. Will this setup be too stiff harsh for daily driving?

thanks

·
Registered
459 Posts
If your car is a track car, then you shouldnt worry about it because you want the stiff suspension.

If its a street car/daily driver, dont get a suspension setup that you will fully use 1% of the time and have to suffer 99% of the time with it.

What other rates do they offer? I am also considering this setup vs the Flying Miata 2.5 suspension.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Im looking for a good suspension setup, and i know Koni and ground controls if a good combo
I will be doing mostly street driving and plan to track later on
so will koni race shocks + ground controls 750/400 be too stiff, or will it be ok for street as well?
thanks

·
Official Armchair Racer
14,399 Posts
Those are pretty brutal rates. Certainly depends on your tolerance levels. I'd have no problem using those for some street use and not trailering the car to tracks but day to day would probably get old. Then again, the quality of the shock can really control and mask springs. I know there have been many favorable things said about the Xida's and their spring rates even for infrequent street use.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts