ClubRoadster.net banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a set of Koni str.t dampers and three of them when I push down the rod it rises back up, but the fourth rises about a half inch then it stops. I called Koni and they told me that it's either there is something causing friction or the gas isn't staying compressed, the later would mean they need to be replaced. Koni told me that to check if it is just friction I need to press it all the way down and twist it a little and if it rises more then it is just friction, when I do this it rises a little more but not all the way. I've also tried pushing the rod down and leaving it down and it doesn't ride even if I leave it over night. My question is do you think it is defective or not, also even if it is just friction won't one damper acting differently from the others be bad for performance?

·
Beggars can't be choosers.
1,454 Posts
This all boils down to common sense.

If you bought a new roll of toilet paper and it ended up having **** on it, would you return it or would you get online to ask for advice on returning it?

·
Registered
3,668 Posts
i have Koni STR.T's on my bimma and i lub dem. :winky:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The reason I'm hesitating on returning them is because they want me to pay for return shipping. So I don't want them to send me them back and tell me there was nothing wrong with them after I pay $50 for shipping

·
Beggars can't be choosers.
1,454 Posts
Better to do it now than to wait till you have them installed and it turn out to be bad.

·
Murse Magnet
7,856 Posts
Who did you buy them from? Maybe you can return them to that vendor for selling you a defective part and have them pay for shipping both ways.

·
Murse Magnet
7,856 Posts
Since you seem partial to Koni,did you consider the koni yellows? At this point I would want to return all of the dampers if tire rack is playing the game of we can't help you on just one shock. I would support a miata specific shop. There are a few around, Flyin Miata, Moss Miata, 949 racing, Goodwinracing. Browse their sites and see if they have what you want. Customer service would be much better.

·
Registered
9 Posts
If you cant get anywhere with getting them replaced through warranty, I have a single rear shock. Its new and I bought it for my 99. If you want it Ill send it to you for a reasonable price. Send me a PM if your interested.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.