ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seriously looking into supercharging with a Kraftwerks supercharger kit.

Only thing that is stopping me is there seems to be no support for PS delete cars.

My car has AC and manual steering (has PS delete pulley). Is there a workaround readily available?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Because the stock power steering delete pulley is not the same. It requires a different belt and is in a slightly
different place.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I'm using a Kraftwerks kit on my '94 without powersteering. I had to use the PS bracket to install the kit into my car and basically scrap the idler pulley. The rotrex bracket needs the PS bracket to mount to the engine.

·
Registered
62 Posts
You can also get the belt from another car that just goes in between the crank and the A/C pulleys. I'll find the part number off of mine when I am near the car again.

It's worked well for me for 2-3 years now.

·
Registered
831 Posts
What others above said, you can keep AC but you'll need power steering pump bracket to make it work. See my for sale post for picture, lmk i have that bracket. ;)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I guess I don't understand.

In the picture above, it looks like an OEM PS Delete Pulley is being used? I have one of those. Can I just get the different length belt? If so, what is it?

Now, I see that others use the stock PS bracket to make it work - but how?

Kraftwerks tells me to figure it out on my own - or install it with PS and AC.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm not complaining. They are my sponsor!

The kit was designed for AC AND PS but they are aware that it can be done differently. They told me to check on ClubRoadster and it shouldn't be a big issue since plenty of others have worked the problem out one way or another.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
OK. I think I have it figured out.

1. Do not need the OEM PS Delete Pulley.
2. Need the OEM PS Mounting Bracket (that I threw away dammit). Use this to mount the supercharger,
3. Install Belt - 4PK1311. Route like the picture above. This might not work for me since Kraftwerks sent the slightly smaller high boost pulley but its a place to start.

Sound about right?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts