ClubRoadster.net banner

21 - 40 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
dang... so maybe turbo is the way to go then :(
Don't discount the Rotrex just yet. As a general rule, anytime you're shooting for over approx. 180rwhp in a Miata, you're (still) starting to look for:

1. Additional fueling by way of auxilliary injector or larger injectors, which may need a piggyback or standalone fuel management.

2. A way to cool intake charge, be it water injection, fuel injection (e-cool) or intercooler

Hopping to a different FI option doesn't really change this requirement. It's just a matter of if the "off-the-shelf kit" you choose already includes something to take these into account. It is the reason Emilio at 949Racing sells kits without fuel management, if desired. This is a good thing, since that's very much a personal preference and dependent on tuner availability in your area.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Do you know what it takes for my '99 to achieve 200hp and estimated cost?
It is pretty simple when you use a KraftWerks system.

We have only released our Base kit so far, and it makes 160whp hot. Most systems do not advertise their hot numbers, but their chilled down one shot pass performance. The KraftWerks kits will make that power all day.

Our intercooler kit for the 99 will release shortly and will up power to 170-180whp. This is still at only 5-6psi!

Then the obvious step is to up the boost, and the Rotrex has plenty of head room to do just that. We will be making High-Boost kit, just like every other kit we have produced. It will be plug-n-play, no built engines. The Miatas will be receiving a lot of love from us.

If you want to do it yourself right now, we offer the kits without electronics or piping, so you can pipe your own intercooler and do your own electronics. For example, BellWilliam is restricting his car down to 9psi on his KraftWerks DIY kit and making 230+whp. So 200whp is not hard with our system. :)

-Oscar Jr.

·
Mostly Harmless
1,540 Posts
This is definitely the system at the top of the list for my '94!

·
CR.net Supporter
451 Posts
Oscar whats the status of the 94 kit.. I need moar powa.. you are more than welcome to my car to test the limits.. I wont need it until Nov...

·
brontosaurus
7,236 Posts
Oh awesome, sad I wont be there to see it. Are these all still pendng CARB certification?

·
Registered
584 Posts
The 1.6 kit is going to make a lot of owners of other cars cry.

·
Registered
584 Posts
I wish I knew....was coming out in 6 months 6 months ago ;)

Good things, as they say...

·
Finger lickin' good...
6,605 Posts
I'd be more than happy to test one out if Oscar wanted to send me a kit :blaugh:

21 - 40 of 58 Posts