ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
are these just that loud or is my aligment being to aggressive making them worse? they are annoying and drone bad above 40mph.

·
Registered
267 Posts
They're somewhat loud, but no worse than the Star Specs I had for awhile if I recall correctly. I'd call it a hum, not a drone.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They are probaboly twice as loud cabin noise wise than the cooper stt mud tires and safari roof rack on my discovery. Like I dont hear the exhaust on the highway. Ansa duals with oem midpipe. They sat for a while before I got (bought) them though too. Could that make a difference? Wear is pfetty much new.

Sent from my mobile phone.

·
4,296 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Mine are at around 4/32 and they are still pretty quiet for a Higher grip tire...

That said, I'm super happy I went with these- I've run Hankoon RS2 and RS3, Star Spec, Azenis 215 and 615, and these are really one of the better sets- plus the price doesn't hurt as much! haha

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yes they are that loud. and any imperfection in their wear makes em louder. as well as when they harden , or heat cycle.
XS are great lower priced grip tires when fresh.

well, i think mine have all of that... :fp:

all of the reviews i read said they were quiet, grippy and good in the rain.

well, not minee...

at least they were on TR C1M's in anthricite whatever...

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Mine were loud from the start and they've gotten louder with age. But they were well worth all the grip. I won't be running them anymore though since I haven't been autoxing.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts