ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
4,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I may be behind the ball when it comes to Kung Fu - but I just saw Shaolin Soccer and man, what a GREAT movie - I never laughed so hard in my life.

What is the story with this movie and are all of Stephen Chow's movies like this?

Excellent stuff and great humor.

·
Premium Member
937 Posts
Better yet, go buy all his DVD's. I have a pretty good collection of his films.
-King of Beggars
-The God of Cookery
-King of Comedy
-Royal Tramp
-Kung Fu Hustle
-Final Justice
-From Beijing with Love
-Justice, My Foot!
-God of Gamblers II
-Sixty Million Dollar Man
-The Magnificent Soundrels
-Love on Delivery
-Curry & Pepper
-Shaolin Soccer

·
Supporting Member
2,723 Posts
His earlier movies are somewhat less 'physical' and a lot of the humor is in the language. So much so that even mandarin speakers can't understand a lot of it, since the original language is cantonese- which is kind of like Ebonics- a very slang driven and sarcastic language.

M

·
0 Posts
Kung Fu Hustle was hilarious, in parts like an old Bugs Bunny or Road Runner cartoon or even The 3 Stooges. Are all the films as wacky as that one?

M

·
0 Posts
Want to loan some of them? Or host a party?

Better yet, go buy all his DVD's. I have a pretty good collection of his films.
-King of Beggars
-The God of Cookery
-King of Comedy
-Royal Tramp
-Kung Fu Hustle
-Final Justice
-From Beijing with Love
-Justice, My Foot!
-God of Gamblers II
-Sixty Million Dollar Man
-The Magnificent Soundrels
-Love on Delivery
-Curry & Pepper
-Shaolin Soccer

·
Premium Member
937 Posts
Hmm, hosting a party... I already have too many people at my house as it is...#-o
Too bad too, cause I have a projector and nice speakers.

Sure, I'll be willing to loan some out. Provided that extra care will be given to the condition of the DVDs. (me no likee scratches)

M

·
0 Posts
Hmm, hosting a party... I already have too many people at my house as it is...#-o

Sure, I'll be willing to loan some out. Provided that extra care will be given to the condition of the DVDs. (me no likee scratches)
Me very anal :-&

·
Premium Member
937 Posts

Me very anal :-&
Well, if you're serious about wanting to borrow some, I might need some collateral.
At least for the 1st or 2nd rentals.

·
Registered
720 Posts
ive got a lot of stephen chow movies as well

does anyone know the one where hes training with this old guy that limps to defeat this japanese karate dude. on the cover he has eggs over his eyes and a fin on his head like ultraman

1 - 20 of 20 Posts