ClubRoadster.net banner

AWR wide body or autokonexion v2 flares?

• Get the wide body ya noob!

Votes: 22 50.0%
  • Don't be a ricer, get the flares!

Votes: 22 50.0%
1 - 20 of 164 Posts

·
Supporting Member
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I've owned my miata about half a year now and have been getting little mods here and there but I have decided to make a build thread of the big project I am taking on.
When I first got my miata it had 180,000 miles on it was a blast to drive, and i loved it.
paid 2600 bucks for it, clean no rust

First day: Doing some cleaning

about 2 months later, And here comes the fun:

i found another one! with some cool parts for a price i couldn't pass up.

stole the exhaust for mine :)

thermal research catback

and on to the disasembly!

there goes the interior

and look an engine!

by 1.6l

time to acquire some parts
my friend decided to sell me a r package lip

same friend decided to trade me his autokonexion 1.5 for a stock trunk

I picked up some tsis

and a headlight duct

then bam!! found me a 1.8l (turbo coming soon) :)

my friend owns a body shop so i shipped her off to his place for the winter...
mid progress

awesome girlfriend got me a nice momo wheel for christmas

and then heres what i got in the mail today

EGAY BRIDES FTW

so thats about it for now, ill keep updating as the build goes on much more to come once spring comes

·
Supporting Member
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good progress so far, looks like a nice project!

How do you plan on mounting those eBay Brides?
Im still undecided on how to mount them, one of my friends took universal side mounts and just bolted them to the floor, another used side mounts and bolted to the stock sliders. I might even be a baller and get the actual bride sliders :fab:

·
Supporting Member
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
so when i removed my stock seats a little mishap happened to my passenger door panel.

tear:

so i used this write up :
http://clubroadster.net/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=37935

got some pleather material from walmart for $3.97

about halfway done.

couldnt pull it perfectly tight but its good enough for me for a 4 dollar fix.
im gunna cut the hole for my window crank, and then im trying to figure a way to delete the arm rest. going to chop up an old leather belt to make a door pull that sits flush and bolts to the original arm rest holes.

·
Supporting Member
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i went on a shopping spree last week, yesterday parts arrived!

m1 sport double diag with harness bar

2 willans harnesses

fleabay seat brackets

nrg quick release and short hub

touge run lip

which means i have an r package lip for sale, would like 100 bucks for it

and here is the pile of parts growing in my bedroom...

thats it for now, will have some more in a few weeks!

·
Supporting Member
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Wow, I like where this is going. Will be watching for progress.
thanks.

So I've decided I'm going to put the 1.6 back in for this spring so I can enjoy my miata. All summer I'll be building my 1.8 for next year. I just picked my summer job back up so right now my main focus is to get my car out of my friends body shop. Next will be to reassemble my car.
Upcoming parts list:
Motor mounts
1.6 Clutch
Random lines/hoses
Non cracked Dash preferably 90-93
Windshield
Black soft top

·
Registered
363 Posts
How do you like the ebay seats? Everyone I've talked to who actually had them just seemed to say good things about them and that's almost more scary than them nitpicking, lol.

·
I can haz custom title!
573 Posts

couldnt pull it perfectly tight but its good enough for me for a 4 dollar fix.
im gunna cut the hole for my window crank, and then im trying to figure a way to delete the arm rest. going to chop up an old leather belt to make a door pull that sits flush and bolts to the original arm rest holes.
Try a heat gun, or set them out in the sun...It'll make that **** much more stretchy. I like it needs more tight. And you did delete the army rest...its not there any more. :woolery:

·
Supporting Member
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
How do you like the ebay seats? Everyone I've talked to who actually had them just seemed to say good things about them and that's almost more scary than them nitpicking, lol.
Personally I like them, 2 of my friends each have them and I sat in them before I bought mine. I've only used mine as video game chairs so far...

Try a heat gun, or set them out in the sun...It'll make that **** much more stretchy. I like it needs more tight. And you did delete the army rest...its not there any more. :woolery:
Thanks for the advice, when I did the first one it was like midnight lol. Ill let the material get warm before I do the second one and see if I want to resurface the first.

·
Supporting Member
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Been a while, so I figured it was time for an update. The car was supposed to be all painted by this week, but the motor on my friends air compressor took a **** :cry2: we are waiting on the new motor to come in. Once it gets here hopefully it will be painted and i can start the reassembly. I sold my impreza I had for a winter car and went on a little shopping spree.

heres a few things I've been collecting...

I ordered some NA power mirrors.

Drag dr-31 wheels with falken tires

I.L. motorsport console

Sony-dsx200s headunit and infinity speakers

I have a bunch more stuff on the way to the house, going to pick up a non cracked dash on saturday, and a clutch and some nb tophats later this afternoon.
There will be more pics once some more stuff arrives.

1 - 20 of 164 Posts