ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seems like many in the Miata community refuse to ship plenty of items, which are easily shipped?

Coming from the E30 guys, and having shipped multiple sets of wheels, a few engines, diffs, etc........................what's up with the reluctancy for so many sellers to ship things?

Not trying to start a flame war (famous last words) really just curious.

·
Registered
648 Posts
It's different here than some of the other internet Miata locales, it's just that this forum is somewhat Left coast biased so they'd prefer to unload locally over anything else.

·
Registered
210 Posts
It would be nice to put state aberrations in forsale post you could see where it is before
clicking on it just saying

·
Registered
379 Posts
I think most people don't realize how easy it is to ship(smaller items). USPS will give you flat rate boxes for free, delivered straight your door. You can print out mailing labels straight from paypal, USPS.com and ebay, and then schedule a pick up, never having to leave the house. Personally, driving somewhere to meet someone to save $5 on shipping is a royal PITA. What are you really saving burning your time and gas? Every time I met up with someone from the S-Chassis world, they were always at least 45min late.

·
Supporting Member
1,724 Posts
Shipping is seriously easy.

·
brontosaurus
7,236 Posts
No one here ever wants to pay for shipping. I don't know how many times I've put ads up with a price+shipping only to be bugged to death about shipping it at my expense. Then the PM's start back and forth in $5 increments. It's annoying, I'd rather not deal with it. Plus, there's the chance it gets lost in the mail. Then you have some tard trying to turn the board against you because they were to cheap to want to pay for insurance. There's just no point in shipping if your here in socal, someone will buy it. Even if you have to come down on price it was probably worth not shipping.

·
Registered
4,978 Posts
It's not like you're paying them for their time to ship.. I personally don't care if they decided not to, its thr sellers choice really. I'm all for it as long as the buyer isn't a **** about it..

·
RDR
4,252 Posts
Because if you're in a bind and need to sell some dope parts off your car, selling it to someone local would be smart. You can always make that deal if that certain someone will ever sell it. Then you have dibs (thats why I almost prefer to sell parts to close friends instead (or at least a regular at your local meets), especially items that have a sentimental value).
I've had sold a set a wheels, it was whored around for a while, and it eventually made it back to my household.

that and most of us are in Socal, we don't have time to stand around and watch corn grow.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
I too don't understand why people don't like to ship here. If the buyer really wants it, he/she will pay for the shipping. That's what I always do. Shipping itself is also pretty inexpensive if it's staying within the states. Just like it was said above, you have flat rate boxes for the smaller items which are very cheap to ship, and if its a bigger item (Seats, engine, wheels, etc.) then you have Greyhound at your side, which is a very very reasonable source to ship from for heavier/bulky items.

Edit: I will say though, the only downside to ordering parts online through someone on a forum is hoping that they send you the item you purchased.

·
I have all the correct opinions.
10,706 Posts
If you've found a good way to ship **** like wheels, let us know... I've been tryin to figure that out for awhile.

·
'Bout dat life
4,106 Posts
^^ What he said. I'm lucky enough to find boxes for any larger items. Every time people ask me to ship wheels, I look up things be weight, and it ends up being like $100+ or so for two wheels. Then there is the hassle of me fitting that box in my Miata.

·
I have all the correct opinions.
10,706 Posts
I've got 18" wheels and tires I'm trying to get rid of. Have buyers everywhere but here, and cant find boxes worth a damn.

·
Registered
379 Posts
If you've found a good way to ship **** like wheels, let us know... I've been tryin to figure that out for awhile.
For wheels w/tires, Cut 2 cardboard circles, one for each side, tape it up with heavy duty packing tape. Greyhound is the cheapest for wheels.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
I've offered shipping on all the smaller stuff I've sold... And just about everything I shipped went to SoCal.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I'm in Canada and bought wheels from a guy in SoCal.

Yes shipping was expensive, but those beautiful wheels were worth it.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts