ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so after a buncha hassle installing the pivot unit (due to my error) i finally got it all working etc. also got my apr GTC 200 DRAG wing installed. i think both ended up good. next up is some active headlights, rims, and full suspension/lowering, before i dive into the engine bay. few pics i took tonight after everything was done.

·
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND
5,096 Posts
Not really my style, but that's a nice coat of paint you have there. I wish I could keep my cars that clean.

·
Esteemed Member
2,930 Posts
lookin good, Ive always preferred "drag" wings because they sit so much lower. what kind of rims are you thinkin about? I think something with a nice deep lip would look killer on your car.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thnx on comments, im looking into some 5 or 6 spoke black with chrome lip rims, still deciding on size and if i want a deep lip, but the deep lip look is growing on me. think they will go perfect with the overall look of the car atm.

the pivot was such a hassle, 1.6l roadsters have to go through the firewall and well i wasnt about to attempt to go through all those wires that they say you should to get into the dash area. so after some lookin around i noticed a nice loop around that took the wire through the top of the firewall through the fender and out the crack of the door hinge lol. kinda ghetto but doesnt look bad or standout and the controller itself fits nicely in those little slots. if anyone with 1.6l ever wants to do this let me know and i can show you the route unless you want to attempt to open that huge wire cluster and get through. then again there could be another way i dont know about thats easier but i searched around and couldnt find any other feasable options at the time.

·
Registered
239 Posts
way too ricey. there is no function to your car's fashion. the drag wing looks terrible that low and it doesn't do a damn thing either. the clear taillights are nasty, and that body kit doesn't go with the miata's lines at all. oem steelies would look better than those mexican-style 3spokes. and whats with the single wiper and dual exhausts? i sure hope you have 300+hp to back up how bad your car looks.

i guess my taste in cars is just way too different from yours, and i'm sorry for flaming, but i had to vent.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I dig your dual tip and mirrors but it seems like you got too much going on with your car dude.

The kit seems wrong and the wing looks kinda goofy. I don't even want to talk about the rims...they are ATROCIOUS.

My two cents: try to keep your ride clean, I think with some decent rims, slapping back on your OEM front bumper, and a suspension upgrade, you'll be aight.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
for the last few comments, i posted this thread stating my wing/pivot. already stated i am getting new rims, heck those were on the car when i bought it. personally i dont like the stock nose, and i dont like the word stock. creative criticism is one thing but vicious-s, just dont comment if your gonna throw words around like that. all that reminds me of is miata.net which it seems im seeing more of everyday here in some people. at least read and follow the rules of the forum, which states to not comment like you just did. be a little more mature in the future.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Ouch, people are being mean around here today. I would never put the veilside style kit on my car, but i don't hate it on the Miata. It's not my stlye but it's not a bad one. grow up people.

·
Registered
11 Posts
It's a shame that some members feel that they must point out what they don't like about another member's Miata when that person is proudly posting photos. I don't like the wing, I hate those wheels, and etc.
I know enough never to post pictures of mine, not that I need to find validation in the midst of, for all intents and purposes, a group of complete strangers.
Rather,I'm interested in seeing how an individual combines many of the available aftermarket parts that are produced for the Miata. It's not right, or wrong,it's your car. The thing I like best about your Miata is that it looks nothing like mine. I'm trying to individualize mine just in a different way.
Within the past few days I've had two postings that have said just about the same thing. You are probably getting tired of me and I am getting tired of you. I've decided that this will be my last posting on the RoadsterJDM.net.
Best of luck to all of you.

·
Registered
534 Posts
I'm sorry dude, you probably have the ugliest miata out there, it just hearts my eyes everytime I see your post with the pic of your car in your sig.

·
Sponsor
1,963 Posts
i think everyone has to remember it's his car, his money, his style..... what type of 5 or 6 spokes did you have in mind?

i'll try to remember to give you a PM when i leave for japan, i too want active lights...and since they have been discontinued long ago i'm gonna visit the source (the active shop) to see if they have any left or can make me a set .

1 - 20 of 28 Posts