ClubRoadster.net banner
1121 - 1140 of 1827 Posts

·
CSTG
3,233 Posts
Today we wired up the LC-1, bolted on the air guide, and cut off 7lbs of metal.

Martin also played around with the look of different ride heights.

·
I own Laz and you don't.
2,549 Posts
At the "ride height" pictured front has 6.5 degrees of camber :D obviously just seeing what full compression looks like. Based on the fender clearance I could fit a set of 15x9s with 225s with ease. Ride height will be closer to 949s race spec measured at the pinch welds looking at 3.75 up front and 4 at the rear.

·
I own Laz and you don't.
2,549 Posts
Steering rack spacers and R package tie rod ends for Lazarus in an effort to combat bumpsteer once the car is below 12 inches hub to fender. I must say excellent service from Rosenthal Mazda.

·
Official Armchair Racer
14,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,129 ·
Can't wait to see some videos of Laz on the track this summer. Is it just coincidence that all you Portland guys bought R-package tie-rod ends at the same time? I like that rack spacer too. Curious to see how much of a difference it makes.
I'm the one guiding the lost sheep around here.

·
I own Laz and you don't.
2,549 Posts
Nial suggested it when he did his new suspension since he noticed bumpsteer issues. I plan to run laz as low if not lower so I figured it was a worthwhile investment, the rack spacers are 1/8 inch each, I might stack and do 1/4, all depends on the angle of the tie rods once the r package ends are on

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
I'm the one guiding the lost sheep around here.
At least there are sheep haha. Not many miata people up here in Charlotte.

I got R ends a while ago when I freshened up all my suspension over a year ago. Not sure they make much of a difference, but if you need new ball joints might as well upgrade.

Edit: Martin just saw your reply. You'll certainly need all the help you can get with running the car much lower. Whats the height at the pinch welds?

·
CSTG
3,233 Posts
That's his old evo 8 turbo from the Galant. He had pipe dreams of strapping it on Laz with larger injectors. Especially since I told him (unlike the Galant) you can keep your fuel pressure regulator, fuel rail, fuel pump, and intake manifold. Literally injectors, manifold, turbo, and downpipe and Laz would have double the horsepower.

However instead of $150 for an OEM rock solid downpipe and manifold, he can look forward to $400 manifolds. Oh, you want a downpipe? That'll be another $440. Sucks to have a platform with no previous OEM turbo setup. Despite the B6/BP's affinity to turbocharging.

·
Official Armchair Racer
14,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,138 ·
The car still has speed to tap into as is. This year a more aggressive alignment and the seat/harness should go a long ways.

That said Laz does have the clutch for FI. Just a 1.8 diff swap and radiator away from having the supporting mods to handle it. MS.. Check. Healthy 1.6.. Check.

·
I own Laz and you don't.
2,549 Posts
A parcel showed up today from Roush Yates Racing, I opened it eagerly like a kid on christmas and found Laz's new oil cooler. Its a small Setrab unit that is a hand me down to Lazarus from some form of stock car racing. Other than a few scratches the piece is in fantastic shape, no dents or massive fin deformation, the plan is to mount it in the mouth of the front bumper in front of the radiator and attach some mesh to the air guid to prevent it from being hit by debris on the road or pieces falling of other track cars. Even came with a nice Roush Yates Racing decal.
Car now has a GT3 Cup Car harness and a cooler from a stock car, hopefully more cheap ex racecar parts find their way here.

·
CSTG
3,233 Posts
Directions for making a free Momo wheel spacer fit your free Nardi wheel.

Step #1: Select the proper spiral titanium nitrated coated bottom ground 1/4-20 tap and drill. This particular $100 tap may be over kill.

Step #2: Drill out Nardi wheel for slightly larger 1/4-20.

Step #3: Align wheel with Nardi holes between Momo threads, center, mark, drill, and tap first threads.

Step #4: Clamp down with first threads with temporary bolt and washer to protect paint. Nervously center punch remaining 5 holes, repeat drill and tap instructions from step #3 x5.

Step #5
: Finish bolting down and step back unsatisfied. Furrow brow trying to think what's missing...

Step #6: Raid wife's garage.

Step #7: Select possible candidate colors and test.

Step #8: Apply flair.

In case anyone was wondering, I settled on Sally Hanson Salon #360, "Wine Not".

The End

1121 - 1140 of 1827 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.