ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bryan's two favorite cars of all time got really drunk one night and 9 months later this appeared.

·
Registered
4,718 Posts
i absolutly LOVE this. I gotta know if this is a kit and where it can be bought

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah, the Lcreation car is a custom one-off based on the legenday Toyota 2000GT. Lcreation appear to make or did make body kits for the Toyota MR2 and Honda S2000 but I can't find a website for them.

·
Esteemed Member
2,930 Posts
Unless I am completely off base, it is made to look like the Toyota 2000GT from the Bond Movie "You Only Live Twice". All other 2000GT's were coupes but they made 2 white verts just for the movie. Only one still exists.
word.

anyways its not so much my style but I would give it some fat lips. :mrgreen:

Attachments

·
Registered
343 Posts
I like it because it looks like an old school Ferrari
Unless I am completely off base, it is made to look like the Toyota 2000GT from the Bond Movie "You Only Live Twice". All other 2000GT's were coupes but they made 2 white verts just for the movie. Only one still exists.
yeah, I just meant it reminded me of the old school ferrari's.. not that the car was based on an old school ferrari. Like the one from ferris bueller's day off.

Im sure the designer of the car was designing it around the 2000GT... Looks good either way.

·
Mufasa in Training
33,002 Posts
word.

anyways its not so much my style but I would give it some fat lips. :mrgreen:
Blech...no way. The 2000GT is old school, ie way before big lipped wheels old school. You'd be confusing eras in the worst way, IMHO.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Model history
Toyota's 2000GT is widely acclaimed as the first Japanese car to be taken seriously by Western critics, the country's first "supercar", and the model that marked the beginning of Japan's rise away from producing just dull derivative models and towards the highly competitive position it enjoys today. It had been penned as a design exercise by Albrecht Goertz (creator of the BMW 507) for Nissan, who were hungrily looking towards the burgeoning American sportscar market but, when Nissan's accountants vetoed the car on the grounds of cost, Yamaha (who had been contracted for the development of the engine) persuaded Toyota to pick up the joint batons of funding and marketing.

Debuting at the Tokyo motorshow in 1965, it was not until 1967 that the first models reached their owners. The model ran until 1970, but in the end just 337 2000GTs were built, constrained in no mean part by a price tag that towered above all other domestic offerings and topped even those of the E-Type and 911. If the eye was wooed by the modern and pretty aluminium body, the heart was won by the twin-cam engine that was packed with the latest technology from Yamaha's experience with building motorcycle engines. Offering a top speed of around 130mph in road trim, the car could be tuned up to offer 200bhp, power that was all well within the limits of the Lotus Elan-inspired backbone chassis, equipped as it was with double-wishbone independent suspension and disc brakes all-round. A five-speed all-synchromesh transmission, rack-and-pinion steering, oil cooler, heated rear window and magnesium-alloy knock-off wheels completed the state-of-the-art specification.
Performance credentials were established with a 3rd place in the Japanese Grand Prix of 1966 followed by a 78 hour endurance run in October that broke 13 international records and 3 world records including the 72 hours, 10,000 miles and 15,000 miles records (with averages of 206.02km/h, 206.04km/h and 206.18km/h respectively). This was underlined by victory in the Fuji 24 hour race the following year. In the US it so impressed Carol Shelby that he agreed to develop it for Production C class racing, despite strong objection from the US motor industry. Despite such a strong start, Toyota soon decided to turn their attentions to other sectors of the market rather than developing their supercar. Thus it remains one of those endearing quirks of automotive history, and the source of endless musings upon the subject of "what if..?"

we sold one of these last month ... it sold for 176000 euros..

·
Registered
343 Posts
i will never understand why people go nuts for all these ugly ass conversions :( .

To each their own though
I would never want one.. I just appreciate it as a piece of art and recognize it for the builders time and attention to detail. I prefer the miata simple looking, in its original form, but its nice to see other people making their car look original, the way they want it.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts