ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Originally i replaced the License plate light bulb on the side of the license plate on my NA miata. But they weren't bright enough because all the light on the led bulb weren't reflecting light into the narrow opening.
so i decided to install a 12" led light strip.
LED was a bit tricky because the polarity only goes 1 way. So the wires for the original 2 lights on the side had to be cut and recrimped red to black to reverse the polarity.

finished product.

·
Registered
436 Posts
This is cool and all but can you elaborate on all of what you had to do to reverse the polarity? I have my led strip Im about to install and an actual write up would be helpful!

·
Registered
105 Posts
If you have it hooked up red to red and black to black and it does not work, make the connection red to black and black to red.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
it really isn't that difficult i used piercing wire tap to get power from the window switch and wired in a simple toggle switch picked up from local auto parts store.

·
Banned
361 Posts
No. There is not one co* that makes led bulbs for the miata lic* plates. The bulb is a very wierd bulb. You can find them all day long for the 99+ Miata's Bulb was like a 89 or 92 was the styled name if i remember correct.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I have been on both of those sites,
Went to the "license plate" section.
Do all of those fit or am I looking for a certain connector type and size for the NA?

·
Mr December yo
2,423 Posts
are you cereals dude? just go to the website he linked.

superbrightleds.com
v-leds.com
autolumination.com
Theres obviously different models, hence asking for a specific link :fp:

·
Registered
433 Posts
Theres obviously different models, hence asking for a specific link :fp:
no.. there's not.

NA: 89 or any 1156 bayonet base

NB: 194 mini wedge

it takes significantly less effort to go to the website which has vehicle look up and part number cross referencing. or just go outside to your car and look at the bulb. :roll:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts