ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a hold of some LED brake lights and reverse lights and have been inspired by the new Lexus's (Lexi) to get rid of those old yellow licence plate lights. has anyone tried to do this or know how?

·
Registered
209 Posts
About to try it... Problem being the NA plates are side-lit, which might make it not so good looking.

I'd like to see someone try it with a bracket/mount from the bottom of the trunklid up underneath the lip of the trunk.

·
Finger lickin' good...
6,605 Posts
I ordered some of these for my bike a while back, now I just gotta find 'em again #-o

http://kuryakyn.com/products.asp?bn=metric&ci=3657

They're LED's encased in the bolt, it's also a security star key for your license plate. You can prolly find some cheaper, but I know for a fact these sumb!tches are bright!

·
Registered
379 Posts
Why wouldn´t get some big led's and hook it to the original locations. Normally led works on 3,5V or so. But you can get some with 12V and hook to a stabilizer.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If it were only that simple. The bulbs are aimed directly toward the rear of the car and have reflectors to shine the light to the sides toward the plate. All of the LED's ive seen would just project the light straight ahead and none of it would reach the plate.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Hummm. I will test if my park light (led) will fit the license light socket

·
Registered
379 Posts
Got you point!!! But it didn't work. No ideia wy didn't had power. But my park light (led) are diferente from the other car's, my is the only one i found with this setup, were in Portugal. And the led's are very strong.

But i still didn't abandon this and will get some leds, if it really dosen't work it will be my setup for the interior light's

1 - 9 of 9 Posts