ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Esteemed Member
3,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im planning on making my own exhaust, just wondering what type of muffler everyone is using, looking for good performance, reasonably loud comparable to a borla or jackson

Couldnt find any posts over homemade or custom exhausts so
If I could get pics and types of mufflers everyones using it would help give me ideas thanks!

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Hey Sid, got any pics from further away, so as to see the exhaust in conjunction with the rest of the rear of the car? Looks pretty decent from what I can tell....and oh, instead of using gobs of RTV, you could've bought real gaskets...they're only like 5 or 6 bucks each...

·
Esteemed Member
3,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I really am intriqued by sids exhaust, did you cover up the exhaust exit on the other side??

·
Registered
104 Posts
i have a srt 4 dual exhaust setup on my car looks pretty good,and was free just had to cut and weld in a couple of place .would post pictures but dont know how.have pictures on miataturbo.net

·
Registered
379 Posts
I have the same question than slutz4, and add one more what material did you use, SS or mid steel?
I was told, from a guy that build's exhaust for the rally drivers that SS isn' t a good choice.
The setup of Sid is great. By the way Ilmotorsport sell's the exhaust cover.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Hey Sid, got any pics from further away, so as to see the exhaust in conjunction with the rest of the rear of the car? Looks pretty decent from what I can tell....and oh, instead of using gobs of RTV, you could've bought real gaskets...they're only like 5 or 6 bucks each...
that was just a interim fix. the bolt also has the wrong washer lol.

here are a few farther away. not bad for a 15$ muffler
http://jazz.sdsc.edu/photo/pictures/Velocity/sid_na6/DSCN2132.JPG
http://jazz.sdsc.edu/photo/pictures/Velocity/sid_na6/DSCN2139.JPG

·
Registered
559 Posts
Cheap out completly and go to home depot and but 2.5" fence polls and clamp them together or weld if you have it.

I just cut off my rice POS that came on it when I bought it and put a 23" res on. It isn't loud and it isn't quiet. It has a nice throaty sound.

·
Registered
41 Posts
You guys have given me some good idea's about my own custom exhaust for my NC. All look great and as soon as I get something figured out, I'll post pic's and sound clips.

·
Esteemed Member
3,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Rob did you have to cut your bumper any for your exhaust??, hard to tell from pics

·
Registered
404 Posts
Heres mine... HKS Hi-Power universal muffler (most expensive universal muffler I have ever bought! :shock: ) with 2.25" I believe piping from the cat back.
From the back.

Undercar...

Its pretty raspy but sounds good... probably gonna add a resonator this summer.

·
Registered
212 Posts
crapy pic. but 2 1/4 pipeing, 27 inch glasspack, and a cherrybomb turno2 muffler. i have around $50 in the exhaust and it sounds pretty decent for a 4banger

·
Registered
469 Posts
Mine is like sids, just angled more like robs. I have a muffler like sids for street and then a stinger for the track.. Gangster..

-Jeff

·
Whiskey makes me Frisky
4,545 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts