ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Finger lickin' good...
6,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know where I can get the door and pillar windows in Lexan. I did a search, but only came up w/ 18 results, none of them saying anything about where to get them besides from Japan as I expected (but with no name to get them). I was looking for the duct style ones if possible, or the circular ones. Thanks guys.

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
I'm not aware of any readily available off the shelf plastic (lexan or acrylic) windows for the Miata other than the Nopro vent window. If you want plastic door or hardtop windows check with your local plastic or sign companies who specializes in this sort of thing to get them custom made. You can find them in the yellow pages or talk to local racers in your town. You'll want to use your glass window as a template. Alternatively, you can purchase lexan or acrylic sheet and cut/form them yourself but it can be a PITA especially if the window has curvature like the hardtop window.

·
The Vorlon
4,516 Posts
I have a set...A-pillar triangular & door windows (polycarbonate) from Garage Vary.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
question is - why?

Have you weighed the stock pieces? They weigh next to nothing. David's windows are cool, if you have done all the rest of the things he has to save weight. But if you havent I'd spend your money elsewhere...

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
i had a set of these made for myself back in the day. all i did was take a set of the stock glass over to a local plastics guy who used the stock glass as a basic template and made me some lexan units. you can't just slap in some flat lexan as it won't work properly. i friend of mine tried it and he had some problems with it so he ended up buying the set i had made up.

also, just so you know, it only cost me about $40-$45 to have the windows made, so if you can find a good plastics guy, it shouldn't cost you too much to have these made up.

thanks
alex

1 - 11 of 11 Posts