ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
I have a really good feeling, judging by the 6 lug axles, that it's probably a Miata unibody mounted on some 4x4 frame.

Takes care of that whole "Super Long CV Axle" problem haha

·
Brah.
7,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i was thinking about a photochop but its hard to tell if its real or not my guess is its real.

·
Registered
34 Posts
The question shouldn't be HOW it should be WHY... Even if you do that, it wouldn't be much fun driving with it being a 2wd and not very fast stock.

·
Finger lickin' good...
6,605 Posts
gut the car to frame and unibody, weld on front of 4x4 frame and rear of 4x4 frame to car. Find motor, cheap lift and big tires. Looks to be a 3 or 4 link rear though, or could have used a Jeep frame to start with.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
I don't think the stock transmision and diff could handle the new wheels and tires for very long. Deffinetly not a bp and deffinetly 4x4.

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Yea you basically just use a truck chassis/suspension/drivetrain. This guy just did a great job integrating it to the miata chassis compared with the normal "bolt the miata on top of a truck chassis" way of doing things.

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Its tough to say, I dont know offroad frames well enough. It could even be custom considering all the suspension work and fabrication it would have taken to pull it off anyway. At least it is shortened to the point where it would be unrecognisable I dont think the pics are good enough to really tell, especially with a bunch of miata guys looking at it. I think it is actually pretty cool, although it would have made it a bit lower with a bit smaller tires.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts