ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey my dudes, if I wanted to install the auxbeam lightbars as my permanent headlights, should I get the spot ones or flood? My guess was spot and aim them down?

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
What are you actually doing? If you are building an enduro race car then you will likely want both. If you are building and off road racer then same as the problem is the same. If you want something to go get a slurpy at 2am then I'm with Bo and the answer is neither because you'll be having to explain your self when the red and blue ask what your up to. That said feel free to add some spots in addition to actual headlights as they can be a welcome addition, just not a replacement.

·
Administrator
15,205 Posts
DOT-approved spots/driving LED bars exist.

If you have to ask this question, it's not likely you're wanting to pay for them. There's easier/smarter ways to make your car look cool.

For example: I have a pair of BSP/Brainstorms i'll throw in a box and ship to your location. Bought them for Scrat. Decided i didn't want to put the effort into un-fucking TDR's hilariously bad wiring hackery and got rid of it.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
DOT-approved spots/driving LED bars exist.

If you have to ask this question, it's not likely you're wanting to pay for them. There's easier/smarter ways to make your car look cool.

For example: I have a pair of BSP/Brainstorms i'll throw in a box and ship to your location. Bought them for Scrat. Decided i didn't want to put the effort into un-fucking TDR's hilariously bad wiring hackery and got rid of it.
Tried to PM you, might want these if theyre not too many dolla

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Administrator
15,205 Posts
You could use proper sized lights. You're destroying an enormous amount of the pattern with your bumper right now.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You could use proper sized lights. You're destroying an enormous amount of the pattern with your bumper right now.
I would love that but the car came with these when I got it back in march and they've worked so i'v never found the need to change them, but when they go i'll probably put normal ones back on. Sorry if this sounds dumb, but what do you mean by the pattern? Just the flow of shapes or actual aerodynamics or both?

·
Administrator
15,205 Posts
I would love that but the car came with these when I got it back in march and they've worked so i'v never found the need to change them, but when they go i'll probably put normal ones back on. Sorry if this sounds dumb, but what do you mean by the pattern? Just the flow of shapes or actual aerodynamics or both?

They don't work.

I mean the bumper is blocking the majority of the intended-for-passenger vehicle beam pattern. That setup is dangerous, stupid, and should not be on your car. It is the hottest of rank garbage.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
They don't work.

I mean the bumper is blocking the majority of the intended-for-passenger vehicle beam pattern. That setup is dangerous, stupid, and should not be on your car. It is the hottest of rank garbage.
I think I see what you're sayin. I'll just get regular headlights soon which I have to get anyways to do the autox at the end of the month anyways. Maybe save up for the Jass kit one day

Have you considered buying Ben's Brainstorm kit? Because its cool and werkz
I'm not a big fan of that kit to be honest. Plus im trying to save for a hardtop so i'm trying not to spend a whole lot :/

Man i'm not making a good first impression on this forum :sweatdrop:

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
I think I see what you're sayin. I'll just get regular headlights soon which I have to get anyways to do the autox at the end of the month anyways. Maybe save up for the Jass kit one day

I'm not a big fan of that kit to be honest. Plus im trying to save for a hardtop so i'm trying not to spend a whole lot :/

Man i'm not making a good first impression on this forum :sweatdrop:
At least youre not the one to put it on the car. I would poke around for original unfukd headlight assemblies on the low and slap cibie/ecodes in them for functional purposes.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
At least youre not the one to put it on the car. I would poke around for original unfukd headlight assemblies on the low and slap cibie/ecodes in them for functional purposes.
Iv looked around on ebay and found some assemblies for around $30 each side, so from that I could get the pieces I need and then i'd just be missing the actual headlights. I could probably get it all ordered in a couple days when i collect tips at work. and yeah the car was completely stock except the headlights which I thought was weird. I think i'v done an okay job making the rest of the car look decent haha

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The only way you can make a bad impression on us is to just blindly stick light bars on and say **** all you I do what I want.
at least I asked haha. Next on the list of stuff is an rlip because im tired of the "gv" lip hitting everything and then a rollbar and maybe a diffuser. Iv been autocrossing once in my buddies focus ST and loved it so I plan on going to one every month or two since they have them year round here in florida :D

·
Super Moderator
6,413 Posts
I always liked the r lip more than GV. Best thing to do is spend money on seat time and figure out how to drive. Odds are the car is way better than you are stock so no need to improve it yet.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I always liked the r lip more than GV. Best thing to do is spend money on seat time and figure out how to drive. Odds are the car is way better than you are stock so no need to improve it yet.
I completely agree. I initially started my miata as a wannabe hotboy stance build not gonna lie which is why i bought all of this stuff and indicated the static stickers and stuff. I'm trying to do more of a form and function build now and I have some nice decals coming in that are all matching and stuff because in real life I am pretty into art and self expression and my car is like my little expensive af art piece so I have door circles with a cherry blossom branch cut out of them that match my wheels and an old japanese warrior mask decal and stuff to put on the car that I personally think look nice and old japanese prints are my favorite. Man I don't know what i'm saying anymore. I just wanna snap necks and take corners well simultaneously. :lol:

·
Registered
214 Posts
just buy led jeep headlights; fit oem and brighter than any setup you're looking at that actually works without blinding people.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts