ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
That's pretty neat, long friggin' video, too!

Here's my comment on his driving (and it can't be taken very seriously since I've a decent amount of experience in "grip" driving but pretty much nill in "drift")

I think he'd be a lot more successful if he'd stop trying to drift in 3rd. The course is too tight, the speeds too slow, and his power too low to be trying 3rd. The turns where he enters in 3rd, I'd say he should downshift as well because every time he e-brake initiates, he quickly looses the drift because the engine bogs.

That's just my take on it :)

·
Registered
205 Posts
meihan is a 3rd gear entry course.

the s chassis cars all use 3rd to enter, so a miata (with its shorter gearing) will use 3rd for sure.

he is doing well for his lack of power.

3rd really isnt about power, its about speed

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys, thanks for the comment.

Didnt expect the video link is put in here :)

Im not a good/professional drifter, Im really **** compared to other drifters here in Japan. But it's just about fun.

I took the video so that I can go home and see what I've done wrong, and how far from the wall :) And yes, the only choice is 3rd gear, and yes, there is no horse power in my tiny miata.

Damn, I didnt know I was holding the shift knob/ebrake all the time... gotta correct my bad driving habit. And using clutch kick instead of ebrake...

Thanks for the comment! Ganbarimasu!

Rob: Are you in Japan?

·
Registered
201 Posts
I was gonna say that clutch kicking would be more effective and allow you to keep the RPMs higher so you don't bog on that first corner but then I figured you may have already known that. You look good on the shorter corners though. I did notice that you drift one handed alot. Very dangerous but you said you are fixing that habit. Overall I think it's a thumbs up. You still drift pretty decent for having an underpowered car up against a but load of 240s.

·
Lit like a BranchDavidian
5,990 Posts
man how i would love to bring my car out there and play on some of those tracks :(

nice Eunos man..... keep up the good work, getting it down in a miata is a difficult order!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts