ClubRoadster.net banner

421 - 440 of 478 Posts

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #423
The stadium failed to sweep the lot after all the rain and in the morning it was like driving through a sand storm at Chuckwalla. Even after an entire day of driving there were still dirty sections everywhere.

Little video action from the autocross.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #426
Ive been following this build for ages and love it!
Thank you! :icon_cheers:

Fucking rad video, car was definitely searching for traction.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
:phillyb: You should have seen the car with the rear sway bar connected, it was oversteer city. The last two events I've run without the rear sway bar and I wish I started doing that sooner for autocross.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I just stumbled across this thread and DAMN!!! Great stuff. Really makes me jealous of you Cali guys plus you get to regularly run what has always been my favorite track (Laguna Seca). Lot of cool and very informative stuff here on what i am planning to do with my newly acquired NA6. I want to do the whole daily driven but weekend track warrior deal. Only thing that sucks is there is only 2-3 events a month and in pa we only get 6 months of good weather. So it will be more daily than track driven. I'm gonna apologize in advance for the questions that I"m sure i will be spewing as my build starts, but please keep up the great work and documentation!!!!!

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #430
7 year review

I prefer it too. With the big wang, you probably need it on track?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Ya, with the big wang & splitter the rear bar keeps things a bit more neutral. It all becomes a balancing act though, you are always giving something up handling wise.

I just stumbled across this thread and DAMN!!! Great stuff. Really makes me jealous of you Cali guys plus you get to regularly run what has always been my favorite track (Laguna Seca). Lot of cool and very informative stuff here on what i am planning to do with my newly acquired NA6. I want to do the whole daily driven but weekend track warrior deal. Only thing that sucks is there is only 2-3 events a month and in pa we only get 6 months of good weather. So it will be more daily than track driven. I'm gonna apologize in advance for the questions that I"m sure i will be spewing as my build starts, but please keep up the great work and documentation!!!!!
Thanks, I really appreciate it! Ask away, happy to help ya.

Awesome thread! That carbon spoiler... Loving all this!
:icon_cheers:

------

Settled in after getting back from my honeymoon and brought the car in for a clutch master cylinder and slave cylinder replacement. One of the two started failing at the end of the last autocross. I am really surprised there was a failure (determined to be the master cylinder) with only 6 months on the new parts. Either way, I snapped a pretty picture at the park.

I also got a Facebook reminder of when I bought the car in 2010, crazy to see how far is has come over the years.

2010 | This was taken just a few days after I bought it:

2013 | Start of Miata Challenge 2013 season:

2013 | End of Miata Challenge 2013 season, big jump here:

2015 | MRLS 2015 after the Rotrex install, current time attack aero:

2017 | Jack Of All Trades Spec:

·
Registered
447 Posts
Really makes me jealous of you Cali guys plus you get to regularly run what has always been my favorite track (Laguna Seca).
Honestly, Laguna isn't that great of a track for our cars. Its too straight. The only back to back corners are the corkscrew. Everything from t6 back is a lot of fun, I just don't really care for anything before that. This is just my opinion, so, take it with a grain of salt.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #433
I will take one of each, Sean. :icon_cheers:
:

3gears:

Honestly, Laguna isn't that great of a track for our cars. Its too straight. The only back to back corners are the corkscrew. Everything from t6 back is a lot of fun, I just don't really care for anything before that. This is just my opinion, so, take it with a grain of salt.
I think Laguna is a must drive but I'd agree there are more engaging tracks to drive (Chuckwalla or Buttonwillow).

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #435 (Edited)
7 Year Project Review

I have found T-Hill west to be a super fun track. Haven't been to any so cal tracks yet. Hopefully this summer I can make it to BW.
Buttonwillow is a must drive! Although I loath the tow to Buttonwillow, there is always traffic driving through LA.

-------

After digging through old photos for my last post I thought it would be fun to put together a short film about the car. Those who have followed the build thread for a while will find most of this as old news, but for new readers this is a great TL : DR.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Awesome video! Your car has inspired my build so much. And I just realized that we should do like an ebony and ivory photo shoot when we are both at the track next lol. Or black ninja vs. white ninja, good vs evil.

421 - 440 of 478 Posts