ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 144 Posts

·
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND
5,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know about you guys, but I am getting really used to my Ground Controls all the way down and I no longer think it's slammed like now I once did. My head is already below most people's mirrors on their dumb SUVs so my car is a complete death trap, but I am not slammed enough! #-o

Anyone else with this problem?

·
OG Member
583 Posts
What are your measurements center rim to fender? I think I'm going to buy the FCM adjustable perches to lower mine more. How driveable is it (especially Orlando construction zones!)?

·
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND
5,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What are your measurements center rim to fender? I think I'm going to buy the FCM adjustable perches to lower mine more. How driveable is it (especially Orlando construction zones!)?
I am going to go out on a limb here and say my dampers are blown to all **** so the ride's kinda bouncy as it is. I'll measure it tomorrow though with pictures.

·
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND
5,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
33 Posts
mines quite low, but has to be raised now that i have the flyin miata butterfly brace, i have about 2 inches clearance.

·
Registered
392 Posts
I can understand wanting to lower a Miata an inch or two (which is what I want to do to mine), but what's the point to "slam" one to the point of rendering the vehicle virtually useless?

You can't pull in or out of driveways, parking lots, go over speed bumps, scrape the hell out of the undercarriage, etc, etc... Sorry, I just don't get it. :?

·
2,708 Posts
I can understand wanting to lower a Miata an inch or two (which is what I want to do to mine), but what's the point to "slam" one to the point of rendering the vehicle virtually useless?

You can't pull in or out of driveways, parking lots, go over speed bumps, scrape the hell out of the undercarriage, etc, etc... Sorry, I just don't get it. :?
And you probably never will. It's definitely a hard-core lifestyle that's not for everyone. You memorize every pothole and dip on the road, park further away because of a steep driveway, but damnit, your **** will be looking DOPE. Not to mention the lower center-gravity + wide track = grip for days. Heck, some people like to dress miatas up with ribbons and flowers to enter a parade, whatever floats your boat. The only reason why I'm not as low as some people here is because of two HUGE speedbumps at work that I already scrape my muffler and frame on.

·
Registered
392 Posts

And you probably never will. It's definitely a hard-core lifestyle that's not for everyone. You memorize every pothole and dip on the road, park further away because of a steep driveway, but damnit, your **** will be looking DOPE. Not to mention the lower center-gravity + wide track = grip for days. Heck, some people like to dress miatas up with ribbons and flowers to enter a parade, whatever floats your boat. The only reason why I'm not as low as some people here is because of two HUGE speedbumps at work that I already scrape my muffler and frame on.
Don't get me wrong. I'm not knocking it or the people who do it. And YES, it looks good!

But dammit, if I want to go out and drive my car, I want to go anywhere without having to worry about scraping something, or not being able to get somewhere because I'm too low.

Speaking of "at work", the enterence to our parking lot drops down about a foot lower that the street, and instead of making the ramp a couple of feet or so longer (which they have the room), the damn thing just drops like a mini cliff or something. I'm concerned if I'm going to be able to make it in and out of there once I lower my car an inch.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
I go by the philosophy that you change your life style to suit the car. :) Like ExHonda said, it's a lifestyle. I do memorize the bumps and dips on the roads. There are some places I no longer go to because of the car I drive. And sometimes I do park it on the street because I can't make it into the parking lot. You just get use to the scraping and smacking. "The things you own end up owning you". I am merely a slave to my car.

·
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND
5,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
Registered
576 Posts

slammed doesn't necessarily mean more performance, i think turns101 even had to raise his car cause it was hurting his times

·
because **** you
6,665 Posts

Don't get me wrong. I'm not knocking it or the people who do it. And YES, it looks good!

But dammit, if I want to go out and drive my car, I want to go anywhere without having to worry about scraping something, or not being able to get somewhere because I'm too low.

Speaking of "at work", the enterence to our parking lot drops down about a foot lower that the street, and instead of making the ramp a couple of feet or so longer (which they have the room), the damn thing just drops like a mini cliff or something. I'm concerned if I'm going to be able to make it in and out of there once I lower my car an inch.
Anywhere? Most of us SoCal guys keep our miatas on pavement, I could see complications if we decided to go offroad :shock: But seriously you get over the scraping, what's a little off your lip here and there? And you can pull in and out of driveways and parking lots, you just have to angle your car.

Ultimateforce, I can't believe it untill I see pics

·
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND
5,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1 - 20 of 144 Posts