ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 498 Posts

·
CR Troll Patrol
2,786 Posts
As much as I intended on keeping it under wraps until it was roadworthy, I just can't do it.

I'm too excited.

I own a Miata again.

Against someone wise's advice, I did not buy a stockety stock perfect base car. While that would be great to start with a fresh slate, for some reason I actually prefer starting with something abused and set aside. Maybe it's a personal relation with my upbringing, and wanting to take something people shove aside or look past and make it something people can't miss. My first Miata did that, but in a flashy, "LOOK AT ME" way. This car will not do that. This car will be more refined. A roadster.

I bought a BRG yesterday. It's not pretty, it needs a lot of love, but it has potential. I initially decided to buy it for the deal, and potential flip value. I didn't want a NA6 chassis, even though I wanted a NA6 dash. But it's growing on me.

·
Alexander Supertramp
4,670 Posts
Re: Corifto's Second Chance Roadster

Hooray! And I'm jealous, because that's my favorite NA color :icon_cheers:

·
CR Troll Patrol
2,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Thanks man. I guess pics might make people happy.

I paid what I consider to be a very fair price for the car. That price included:

-1991 BRG, complete, with trans stuck in gear(unk if stuck in reverse or another gear)
-Brand new aluminum radiator and fans
-Brand new Exedy clutch and lightweight flywheel
-Relatively new top
-Brand new Clutch master
-4 BBS, one with minor curb damage
-3 BBS caps
-BBS Cap tool
-4 4x100 spares.

Although mostly complete, the car is rather taken apart, so the trunk and interior were full of stuff. We filled an entire tarp with the items, as you'll see in pictures. Upon spreading everything out, it seems we have lots of extras from a parts Miata that was also out where I bought the car.

Extras

-Complete chassis harness with ECU

-Tombstone

-Really bad shape Nardi knob

-Most of an under dash AC system

-Misc metal panels

-Random other stuff
-Spare finish panel
-Spare trunk
-Spare red mirrors.

·
CR Troll Patrol
2,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Once we got it to my friends house we took everything out of the car to assess the situation and how much work it needed. It's gonna be quite a bit, but we're well on our way.

Pics of mostly spare items, and stuff that was just sitting in the car, not really attached to anything.

The overall base for the project.

·
CR Troll Patrol
2,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

So I guess I should show some more things.

A while back, a good friend, none other than BoGaut showed me this link.

Giddy as a schoolgirl, I had a package coming from Japan a few hours later.

Then these packages came.

And then they sat until today when I mounted tires on them, since I have somewhere to put them now.

·
CR Troll Patrol
2,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

I have a small stash of cool parts waiting to go on, and ordered a ton of stuff today.

Coils, short hub, quick release, and wheel are on the way.

We're trying to salvage as much as the car as possible, but I may be looking for a complete black interior down the line.

Fun fact, this was supposedly a former LS2 car built as part of a wounded warrior project. I found out today it's BRG #1793.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts

YAAAAAY. I remember reading your blue Miata thread so many times when I was 13/14 years old. I'm so excited for the enkei/brg combo.

·
CR Troll Patrol
2,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Oh, and I suppose I'll have to put these in there at some point.

·
Closed Shell Syndrome
7,676 Posts

1.6 tan interior is bestest interior
wheels are sweet like a spring cherry blossom
the one with the most disease wins

·
CR Troll Patrol
2,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

So I guess we work pretty fast.

·
ToyotaCare........
3,643 Posts

YAAAAAY. I remember reading your blue Miata thread so many times when I was 13/14 years old. I'm so excited for the enkei/brg combo.
Which was what, last year? :lol:

My very first miata was a BRG. I vote for leaving the interior tan. Such class. I'll be following this build. Nice purchase. How's many miles on the odo?

·
CR Troll Patrol
2,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

5 years ago thank you very much :D

Why daisies and no enkeis? makes me grumbley.
Cause i don't know, it might be a different BRG than the one originally posted. Maybe.:smile:

1 - 20 of 498 Posts