Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone know?

back in the day, i remember a lot of people thought rolled fenders were prone to rust (and I'm in SoCal!).

as a related question, how long have you guys had your fenders rolled?

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
-my guess is out there, so if I'm wrong don't bash me. I think its because you start flaking off paint, and the exposed metal will begin to rust. I dont believe we have that problem here in california, unless you are close to the beach. You live right by me, so you should be fine. (being that my theory is correct)

·
ClubRoadster.net Founder
4,631 Posts
Caleb, if you can explain to me what your post above has to do with the topic, I will be amazed.

Otherwise, I'm giving you a chance to edit it or it will be deleted.

I'm growing tired of babysitting.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Caleb, if you can explain to me what your post above has to do with the topic, I will be amazed.

Otherwise, I'm giving you a chance to edit it or it will be deleted.

I'm growing tired of babysitting.
i think hes trying to say that his car has diabetes.

·
3,857 Posts
You can spay them with undercoating from inside to be on the safe side...
My fenders didn't crack, just use a heatgun or spay them afterwards...

Btw is the forum falling apart or it's my idea?

·
Supporting Member
2,723 Posts
A mech. eng once told me that if you work a piece of stainless steel, the part that is work hardened (for example- folding and then unfolding a piece of stainless) loses the rust protection.

The Miata body is made of galvanized steel, so maybe there is a similar effect at work?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Rolled fenders will make you drive your car harder, knowing that the tires will not rub. You will fatigue and perspire. You will then drink a thirst quenching beverage, which will have far more sugar than is necessary. This cycle can quickly lead to the DIABEETUS.

·
3,857 Posts
LOL

·
3,542 Posts
Oh please. Bet you ran back to Roadsterdrift and bragged about what you posted here eh Caleb? Oooh I'm a baaad guuuy on the internet...

This thread is unfortunately useless now.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.