ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've been lurking (with an odd post here an there) on the forum for a couple years. I've wanted a miata for longer than I can remember but life has always gotten in the way. Fortunately I'm finally in a place in my life where I have the financials, space and time to have a toy car.

On impuse, I grabbed myself a little project for the summer. Specifically this car: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/?cmd...49&item=120882966128&sspagename=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Definitely didn't pay the asking price considering the engine will need rebuilding/replacement. Also had the PO keep the seat and rails since I'm 5'6 and that setup wasn't right for me. I basically paid what the wheels/tires, suspension bits and coilovers would have cost me.

Car needs a lot of work and I've already got a big pile of parts in my livingroom.

My plans and things done so far are:

Remove HID's and replace with Cibie's (on hand)
Remove tint coating from tail lights and third brake light
Replace rear side markers (tinted and both are lefts?)
Fix under steering wheel trim panel (done)
Possibly remove window tint (Might go lighter 35-40% or none at all)
Yanked off Italian Flag reflector (replace with black roadster badge to cover holes)
Garage* Rad Plate and License Plate Mount (on hand)
inJoy Visor Delete Plates
DDMWorks Radio bracket (no gauge holes)
Wiper arms going to CandyCoatings for a satin black refinish
Touch up top dye job (SEM satin black)
Rennmetal Tow hooks (on hand)
Redline Goods Genuine Alcantara Shift and Ebrake boots
Matching Voodoo ebrake handle (done)
Shark II Antenna (power antenna is shot)
Fix Glovebox latch

That covers all the small things that are currently bothering me.. The big stuff to be done soon are:

Rollbar
New Engine
Exhaust
Shifter Rebuild

Later this summer:

Koyo rad
Supercharger
Supporting mods

Along the way:

Interior refresh (door cards, seats, harnesses)

Should be lots of fun.

·
Registered
7,491 Posts
Wow Emilio, that's quite a project car for sure but you've got a really great list of fixes/mods! Well done, sir! Really seems you've done some homework.

Glad to have ya in the fold and part of the Miata community.

Chris

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks! I'm looking forward to it. At the moment it's all about getting to a fresh base for me. The suspension is taken care of. Some of the exterior mods are a bit much or not my style like the super dark tint, tinted tails and side markers. Those are easily fixed though. The tails and side markers wiped clean with lacquer thinner an the window tint will come off easy as well. Once I get it on the road I'll decide if I want to just get a new (used) engine or rebuild mine for boost. At the end of the day I don't have near as much time and space to do real work on the car so I may end up paying for stuff to be done which will impact my decisions.

Big decision for me though is.. Mp45 or mp62???

·
Registered
210 Posts
^+1 thumbs up for choosing a blower.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Lots of work done over the past week. Pulled all the tint, cleaned the sidemarkers and tails of the spray on tint, new shift boot, new floor mats, pulled the HID's and old headlights, installed Cibie headlamps, Garage* bits went on, refinished my wiper arms, replaced the stock washer nozzles with Tribute nozzles and replaced the worn hoses with new, oil change, fixed the trim panel, replaced the glove box door handle assembly, and installed the DDMWorks radio plate.

Ordered myself a shifter rebuild kit from planet-miata and some more parts from SecondChanceRoadster. Going to place my order for an exhaust and rollbar soon as I figure out if my glass window top (ez-on auto tops) will work with the harddog bars.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well since someone decided to smash into my front pass side fender my car is getting bodywork done this week. Repainting most of the pass side of the car, having the emblem holes in the rear finish panel filled, KG Works spoiler installed (Rivet spaces filled and smoothed and painted to match) and the top redyed satin black.

I'll start a build thread soon as its done. I'm traveling for business this week so when i get back it should be good to go.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Welcome to the club fellow Masshole!

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just wanted to post an update picture of the car.. its getting there. Have a lead on a motor which I'm hoping to get into the car asap.

Recent mods: Molded KG works spoiler, TDR Splitter, Hardtop (currently getting repainted).

I'll be pulling the soft top and getting myself a rollbar after the motor is in and sorted.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Welcome Masshole, I'm from Worcester.

That's a beautiful NA, I remember the owner posting on Turbomiata.net a while back.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Lookin' good. Hope to see it around someday.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts