ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
3,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Look what I found on my door today!
Well it wasn't just luck since I actually paid for it 8) but anyway I'm still excited!
Now I'm waiting for the XM radio with the TRAFIC control system, the remote control for the steering wheel, the miata harness splitter and then I have to find out how to connect everything and where to place everything!
Problems :mrgreen: but at least "nice" problems! 8)

·
ClubRoadster.net Founder
4,631 Posts
Good Lord, what all does it do?!

:shock:

·
CR.net Supporter
124 Posts
now all you have to do is bypass the video so you can watch a video while driving....

·
3,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I found the solution!!!

now all you have to do is bypass the video so you can watch a video while driving....
http://forum.ecoustics.com/bbs/messages/4/249936.html
In order to watch the AV source in the AVIC-D2 or to have all the NAVI function while driving you must do the following:
1. Ground the original parking wire (Must Do)
2. There will be a open pin in the wiring harness under the ground wire. You must also ground this pin. I just pulled the wire out from the cellular mute pin and stuck it in the new pin and grounded it.
***This does work! No soldiering necessary. I just installed it into my car!****

·
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND
5,096 Posts
Good LORD that is HOT - does the face detach for protection? I would be so worried and yet so excited to be in traffic watching Lord of the Rings! Keep us posted on your install.

A friend of mine put a DVD player in his 240sx and almost killed us both when he was spending more time watching Chappel's Show than the road.

·
3,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well as many of you might already know I always want everything to stock - even when it's not. So for this case the problem is how I should install it like that.
No it doesn't fit perfectly in the factory hole...
So I had the option of
(a)cutting the frame of the NAVI and put it over the console (Pic 1937_2) or to
(b)cut the factory console and try to integrate it in. (Pic 1946_2)

I followed the second road since the first one would stick out too much (or at least that's what I think).

It went pretty good and now I became a bit more ambitious and I want to:
->Find the exact perfect position that I'll install the NAVI (I'm talking about mm here)
->Glue, bondo the Navi frame with the factory console so it would look like one piece!

·
3,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nice! Got it all right there! You cd player, mp3 player, and your GPS!

How much did you pay for it, if you don't mind me asking.... :)
Original price $1700 :lol: for the HU
but if you do your shopping from the best places can do it for about one grand...
BTW I just installed everything...

·
bad mother f......
3,173 Posts
Hey, Max

How do you like it now that youve lived with it for awile? I use a carputer for the miata which can do everything this unit can, but I'm thinking I might go another route for my xB.

thanks man

·
3,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hey, Max

How do you like it now that youve lived with it for awile? I use a carputer for the miata which can do everything this unit can, but I'm thinking I might go another route for my xB.

thanks man
I know I remember your awesome carputer (did you manage to connect it with the OBDII?)...
Honestly I'm very happy with the AVIC-D2, one of the best things ever is the way it turns on!
You see usually the Navi systems need some time to boot, with the Pioneer by the time you put the keys on the music starts (you have volume control etc) and after the some time (about 30sec) the navi is on...but it not annoying because you can still hear the rad/cd etc...

The menus are awesome and you can see the acceleration of the car (has two gyro)...In a canyon road (with positive incline) turns I managed to see 1.25g :mrgreen: while my brain fluid started to leak from my ear :mrgreen:

Seriously it's fun!

·
bad mother f......
3,173 Posts
No I never got OBDII set up. Honestly my setup is nice, but after I add a good nav and OBDII, etc the price is not too much different.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts