ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's a turbo! YES! Time for some boost. This is one of many parts on there way to my house for my DIY turbo kit. My goal is 200whp at around 10-12 psi. Turbo is a t28 from a friends r34 skyline. Intercooler, turboxs rfl bov, mbc, spec stage 2 clutch, voodoo fuel box, hks manifold and some other goodies are being shipped as we speak. When I get all the parts in i'll take some more pics and keep you updated as the project comes along.

Attachments

·
Registered
514 Posts
Where did you put your friends body after you drugged him to death to give up the turbo from his... SKYLINE?!?!?!?

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well he ditched the twin turbo setup for a crazy big single turbo setup and awd. It was a gts-t I think and now it's mostly gtr. same guy i picked up the advans from super cheap.

·
Registered
514 Posts
**nudge nudge** um... when he decides to swap the motor... can you put in a good word for me... :)

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
why do you say that? I picked the voodoo box mainly because It's easy to install and something I could tune myself with my wideband. dyno tuning cost to much around here so thats why I didn't get a emb or emu. should i ditch the voodoo for a emb or the like?

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
From what I've heard the voodoo just can't really get enough fuel. I'm not trying to stop you from trying, but you'll be hard pressed with stock injectors. It's not a very precise tuning method, you can add fuel in a preset curve, change the slope skightly and change where it starts adding fuel. It doesn't sound like your setup will be fundamentally different from an FM voodooII system. Maybe a slightly bigger turbo (What are the specson that turbo anyway?). I'm not saying you Can't make 200whp, but it's gonna be tough.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
well, the voodoo box will probably net you around 160-180 whp and it'll definately keep you busy till you can afford something better like an AEM or something.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
My TurboXS rfl BOV came in the mail today. I guess we will just see how much power I can squeeze out of the voodoo box. :twisted:
And if I remember right my friend bought the skyline's from some other state, I think Florida. I'll ask him next time I see him.

Attachments

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
It's alive!!!!! I finished up kit today at work and drove her home. It rained all day so I can't tell how fast it is but I know I can't get traction at all if it's boosting. It's FUN!!! Hope tomorrow is dry, I'll take some pictures and post them up. WOOT!!!!

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Oh yeah, as I was leaving my brothers house he called me to say he could hear my RFL BOV about 3 blocks down the street! Haha it's sick loud.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts