5,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks Racing Beat and Streetunit.com.

:D

Attachments

·
Registered
151 Posts
did you get teh reinforcing brackets too?

I did my susp all at once (ALL at once.. lol) but it feels very nice with those and the reinforcements.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
I have the racing beat front tubular bar, and the FM rear bar, along with the racing beat adjustable endlinks front and rear..... I love it!

·
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND
5,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My Miata didn't even COME with a rear bar, so I just got these links for the front.

The next step is Racing Beat endlinks and sways in the rear.

·
Registered
280 Posts
The Racing Beat links are packed with hard uretane and make the bar bind! Avoid!
Better get some heim-joint ones like these:

http://www.gearheadsgarage.com/ForSale/Parts/partsforsale.html

or these:

http://www.flyinmiata.com/index.php?deptid=&parentid=&stocknumber=13-99300

Also about the Racing Beat tubular bar: The bushings which come with it are too tight and bind it! You have to trim the bushing tops before install or install washers. After install, you should be able to turn the bar up and down with no effort. If it binds and you have to put lots of force to move it - you haven't trimmed the bushings enough ...

About the rear sway bar. Don't install it. Just stiffen your rear spring rates to rates which give you the desired balance / roll couple ...

M

·
0 Posts
About the rear sway bar. Don't install it. Just stiffen your rear spring rates to rates which give you the desired balance / roll couple ...
Julian,

Perhaps if you describe your win record at the autocross track these guys will value your opinions that much more.

:wink:

·
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND
5,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The Racing Beat links are packed with hard uretane and make the bar bind! Avoid!
Better get some heim-joint ones like these:

http://www.gearheadsgarage.com/ForSale/Parts/partsforsale.html

or these:

http://www.flyinmiata.com/index.php?deptid=&parentid=&stocknumber=13-99300

Also about the Racing Beat tubular bar: The bushings which come with it are too tight and bind it! You have to trim the bushing tops before install or install washers. After install, you should be able to turn the bar up and down with no effort. If it binds and you have to put lots of force to move it - you haven't trimmed the bushings enough ...

$100 for endlinks, yeah right. Not in this lifetime.

·
Supporting Member
1,670 Posts
$100 endlinks is cheap, imo.
After looking through the 240sx market for so many years, I consider the Miata EXTREMELY cheap in terms of parts pricing, OEM and aftermarket....except for JIC FLT-A2's....lol

·
Supporting Member
46 Posts
I just built a set of these for the front myself. I had some parts leftover from an abandoned project a couple years ago and decided to try it. You can get the parts yourself from mcmaster-carr for for half the price of the FM parts. The Gearhead parts cost nearly the same as I spent, and look like they might be better.

I haven't decided whether I like mine or not, they clunk over every small bump I hit. Does anyone have this problem with aftermarket endlinks?

·
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND
5,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I just built a set of these for the front myself. I had some parts leftover from an abandoned project a couple years ago and decided to try it. You can get the parts yourself from mcmaster-carr for for half the price of the FM parts. The Gearhead parts cost nearly the same as I spent, and look like they might be better.

I haven't decided whether I like mine or not, they clunk over every small bump I hit. Does anyone have this problem with aftermarket endlinks?
The endlinks on my Mazdaspeed Protege clunk like crazy, they are too tight. It's a common problem.

·
Mufasa in Training
31,125 Posts
Perhaps if you describe your win record at the autocross track these guys will value your opinions that much more.
:wink:
Comeon ... :) While I have a bunch of trophies collected from local autocrosses I am still far and away from the skills some of our local drivers winning national events possess ...
By the way...welcome, Julian. I didn't even see you had joined up!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts