Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks Racing Beat and Streetunit.com.

:D

Attachments

·
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND
5,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My Miata didn't even COME with a rear bar, so I just got these links for the front.

The next step is Racing Beat endlinks and sways in the rear.

·
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND
5,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The Racing Beat links are packed with hard uretane and make the bar bind! Avoid!
Better get some heim-joint ones like these:

http://www.gearheadsgarage.com/ForSale/Parts/partsforsale.html

or these:

http://www.flyinmiata.com/index.php?deptid=&parentid=&stocknumber=13-99300

Also about the Racing Beat tubular bar: The bushings which come with it are too tight and bind it! You have to trim the bushing tops before install or install washers. After install, you should be able to turn the bar up and down with no effort. If it binds and you have to put lots of force to move it - you haven't trimmed the bushings enough ...

About the rear sway bar. Don't install it. Just stiffen your rear spring rates to rates which give you the desired balance / roll couple ...
$100 for endlinks, yeah right. Not in this lifetime.

·
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND
5,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I just built a set of these for the front myself. I had some parts leftover from an abandoned project a couple years ago and decided to try it. You can get the parts yourself from mcmaster-carr for for half the price of the FM parts. The Gearhead parts cost nearly the same as I spent, and look like they might be better.

I haven't decided whether I like mine or not, they clunk over every small bump I hit. Does anyone have this problem with aftermarket endlinks?
The endlinks on my Mazdaspeed Protege clunk like crazy, they are too tight. It's a common problem.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.