ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guy's I'm assembling a big brake kit for my Miata and I'm looking to get some input.
I already know of one disc that is going to work which is a 280mm (11") x 24mm (0.9") disc.
The thing I'm wondering is if anyone knows about a disk that is 11.75" like the ones in the wilwood BBK's, but is also 24mm thick.

tldr: Looking for brake disks that are 298mm (11.75") x 24mm (0.9") in a Miata fitment.

Please tell me if this isn't clear enough, I'll try to explain more elaborately.

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
have you checked out trackspeed engineering? they use a two piece rotor kit that is 11.75", might be the right thickness you need, but 24mm seems a bit thin tbh.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok I'm sorry for double posting but I'm doing it :p.

I am going to go with Renault Clio rotors which are 280mmx24mm, this way I can probably (hopefully) fit them in my 15" wheels.
On another note, would anyone be interested in a writeup on this build?
I'm not sure if there are a lot of people willing to do this kind of thing, but wouldn't mind sharing my findings ;).
Now on to do some research on how to make the parking brake work, so I can fit the calipers in the rear too.

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
Ok I'm sorry for double posting but I'm doing it :p.

I am going to go with Renault Clio rotors which are 280mmx24mm, this way I can probably (hopefully) fit them in my 15" wheels.
On another note, would anyone be interested in a writeup on this build?
I'm not sure if there are a lot of people willing to do this kind of thing, but wouldn't mind sharing my findings ;).
Now on to do some research on how to make the parking brake work, so I can fit the calipers in the rear too.
Certainly. Depending on pricing, this would be good as an alternative to the good-win and TSE BBK. hard to beat the TSE one though, rotors are $30 and motherfucking DTC-60 and carbotechs are like $60-$80.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I'm using Porsche Boxter calipers and pads. The pads are not the cheapest, but I can live with that.
The brake disks will be pretty economical, that is in Europe. Also there's a very large selection of aftermarket discs and pads for both.
This is more of a street setup I think, although I'm sure you could track it too :p.
I just really like the look of the Brembo's, they're very beefy and angular. This in opposition to the tiny and rounded Wilwoods that are commonly used.
I'm sure the Wilwoods are alot lighter, but that doesnt really matter that much to me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts