ClubRoadster.net banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Motorboat Captain
9,990 Posts
Damn, Auto Zone is making bank on these. If anyone is in San Diego, come get your batteries from me haha.

·
Administrator
15,321 Posts
FYI, the OEM battery from Mazda (in Canada) is not vented, it is sealed. They superseeded to a sealed battery many many years ago.

Neato!

No really, that's pretty cool.

Just be aware, for other people reading this, that there's a difference between a sealed battery and a "normal" battery that doesn't have vent hookups like the OEM Miata battery.

·
Registered
1,722 Posts

·
Administrator
15,321 Posts
Because: Unless it specifically says it's a sealed battery, it's a vented battery.

If it's a vented battery and doesn't have the vent tubes like your OEM battery, it's a potential safety hazard.

Can you do it anyways? Sure.

·
Registered
375 Posts
If you want to pick one up in Mississauga, go to 1375 Aimco to get the stock Eastpenn / Deka battery that is an exact replacement for the original. But it won't be cheap.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
thanks everyone for the advice. i spoke with several mazda dealers in toronto and mississauga, all of them wanted $160-180+taxes. and it only carried a 1 year warranty. interstate battery wanted 160+ with 3 year, i finally found a canadian tire that sold one for 120+tax and a 3 year warranty.. only one store carried it in mississauga, all others were sold out. anyhow it is a small battery and fit the base and the bracket that originally came with the car.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts