ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
NO NO NO not for track use but to keep the local lawmen happy with a "dot" belt on the street. Just wanted to see how people have kept their OEM belts with aftermarket seats.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
It's in an NA, but stock seatbelt works find with Elise seats.

As Kyle mentioned, if you seats have substantial bolsters, it might be more problematic.

EDIT:
Man, I was so tired that I didn't even realize it was you who had posted, Stan. If you make it to the next club meeting, give 'em my regards. Work scheduling has been preventing me from attending almost every club event of late. :(

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
748 Posts
If you only need a "DOT" approved belt try a scroth rallye 4-point. Theyre one of only a hand full of DOT approved belts. I will be putting them in my car over the next week or so, but in case will leave the OEM type incase of some angry cop.

This is where I found mine

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I knew about the schrotch dot harness but I'd still prefer to use a 5 point/6 point with the car. Plus my fiance is 6ft tall and with the bar in has loss some travel space on the passenger side, and I know she will give me the evil eye if she is having to latch in for daily driving. If I cant get a seat to work that might just be the end of my hopes of HPDE's with the car. I might just pull the bar and sell that car too. I've had a miata of some sorts since 99. Might be time to move on. Speed3's are looking real nice lately.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Don't suppose you've got room at home to store a second set of seats? Swap em in for race day, then use the stock seats the rest of the time?

·
Registered
441 Posts
A friend of mine in my car for funzies. Oh yes, it super mugen powered.

It still will save you during impact, it just won't be constantly hugging your body.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts