ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
CR.net Supporter
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering repainting my track miata satin black - I think it would look pretty 8). It will look very close to flat black, but will have a clear coat and can therefore be polished and/or waxed/sealed. I am probably only going to do a partial repaint so the front, sides and rear will still be crystal white. I will paint the hood, headlight lids, windshield frame, hardtop and rear trunk lid and the small section between the hardtop frankenstein bolts - does anyone have this sort of paint job or can you point me to pictures? I looked in the Album, but did not see any with flat/satin black paint.

TIA,
Mike

·
Registered
592 Posts
Check my garage- the hardtop is semi-gloss black...

·
Registered
384 Posts
Mine has satin flames on a 93LE.

You have 2 choices that will look good and last:
Clear coat with flattening agent or John Deere Blitz Black

Mine is DP90 sealer that looked great for a couple of months then faded to an uglyass grey.

Attachments

·
Registered
384 Posts
Thanks, its in under the knife right now getting a 1.8 and new shiny black paint.
Plan to revamp the interior soon too.
MATG :???: Maybe ;)

·
Registered
718 Posts
does it have to be a miata? cuz I think I have some crazy pics of a satin elise from when my friend was showing me around that forum.

edit: just realized I have multiple pictures of badass cars in satin black. thank you dope **** threads.

·
Registered
552 Posts
the john deere blitz black looks just about the same as rustoleum satin/semi gloss from what ive seen pictures of.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I did my mirrors and plastic headlight surrounds in satin black with a glossy clearcoat, they came out ok but not the satin finish. I also did my roll bar in satin. I'll get some detailed pics tomorrow.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts