ClubRoadster.net banner

Looking for the Oldest Standing Member!

8K views 45 replies 23 participants last post by  sdemo45 
#1 ·
Who is the oldest serving and most active ClubRoadster member?

We’re on the hunt for the oldest serving and most active member of ClubRoadster.net, who is still driving their Miata today. So reply below (before September 16th) with your start date and post count so far.

AutoGuide.com wants to thank you for your involvement in this community by sending you on a special trip.

If you’ve been paying attention to the Millionth Miata Celebration Tour (which we’re sure you have been) one of the next stops is in Houston, Texas on Friday, September 23rd.

This stop will take place at GrandSport Speedway, where the tour will intersect with the MX-5 Experience.

Here you’ll get the chance to drive the 2016 Mazda MX-5 Miata through a series of challenges including braking and slalom tests. Plus there will be hot laps provided by MX-5 Cup racers.

Flight, accommodations, and some spending cash will be provided for you.

What’s the catch? Well, you’ll have to agree to appear on camera for a video we’re shooting about the event and, more specifically, about your experience at it.

All participants must have a valid U.S. driver’s license, 18 years of age or older, sign a waiver form and pass a breathalyzer test. Participants must wear closed-toe shoes.

See less See more
#6 ·
Bryan - Join Date 03/31/2006 - 23,570 posts at an average of 6.17 posts per day

winlowe - Join Date 12/20/2007 - 4,706 posts at an average of 1.48 posts per day

I think it's going to be Bryan.

The next closest I see that is active is tetsuyagarage a.k.a. Rod. He joined 04/01/2006 but only has 1,945 posts.

#12 ·
I think everyone else with an old number and a historical presence here has been run off as per your plan.
i lol'd

#11 · (Edited)
Yup, I think Bryan beats me.

The day CR actually came online was 3/31/06. A lot of guys got personal invites and got to join that first day. I joined the next week when I heard about it. I'm member #73. Join date of April something (4th?) 2006.

Miata owner since July of 2000. 38 years old. Miata-based small business owner. Apparently 11,137 posts. Owner of probably the most popular Miata blog on the internet. If chosen I would undoubtedly share the experience with the world.

#15 · (Edited)
Yeah...member #6. Been around since Club Roadster was just a Yahoo email list :lol:

I've had my current [and third] Miata since April 2008. Had one continually since April 2004, tho. 23,572 posts.

As much as I would LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE the opportunity, I'm going to taking a trip with my son that weekend (ironically, driving my Miata) :(

#16 ·
1. Bryan
2. Adam (revlimiter)

Seeing as Bryan graciously declined, I say Adam should be awarded this pleasant trip. He, as well as Bryan, is a great asset to this community.

That way we can read about it on his eventual blog post.

#21 ·
Yeah...I was floored when I got a PM about it this morning. If you had asked literally a week ago, I'd have said "yes". Honest truth, though: Adam has been a contributing part of the Miata community longer than I have (even if I have a longer tenure here), and is almost instantly recognizable.

#23 ·
I'm not 100% sure, but I believe this isn't the completely the doing of AG. I'm pretty sure this is a Mazda promo team that is advertising the new Miata through the Mazda News Team name and subsequent posts about the millionth Miata journey.

Still a very cool thing from whoever is actually doing it, but I wouldn't start throwing all the praise the wrong direction.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.