ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about buying a Momo Monte Carlo steering wheel, which has been around for eternity. I thought I might find some used ones on Ebay or Craigslist or something. It's ridiculous what people are asking! I can buy one brand new and shipped for around $175. Why would I want a banged up one for over $100? Then I found this gem on Craigslist locally, which pretty much took the cake: http://dallas.craigslist.org/sdf/pts/2716069339.html Not that I would want this one at any price because it's so ugly, but good lord...

Do people really think this **** is worth this much money? Are people paying it? No thanks man...I guess I'll be buying a new wheel and contributing to the economy at large.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
While I'm not sure about the one on your link, some wheels do hold their values. I shopped for a used Prototipo (bought an '85) and the older ones (from '77 for example) sell for around $400.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
While I'm not sure about the one on your link, some wheels do hold their values. I shopped for a used Prototipo (bought an '85) and the older ones (from '77 for example) sell for around $400.
That makes sense...or if it's a JDM issue or something like that. I found some Courses from the 80s for over $100 on Ebay which I thought was ridiculous. That's mainly what I'm talking about since they're about as rare as a Prius at a global warming convention.

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Id sell my worn monte carlo for 75.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have a great condition Monte Carlo in my car. If i get rid of it, I'll let you know anyway.
I thought about posting on here, but I didn't want to wait. Trying to get a few things done before the cupcake meet in Austin. I'm not showing the car, but at least would like it to be fairly presentable.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Its worth hsving a Fresh wheel in your hands
this. used wheels that arent completely thrashed are hard to come by

with that said, i love my used personal i got from japan, 35 bones and its all intact!

i remember seeing a legit vendor (not on this forum) selling real personals for like $120 on ebay. not sure if the sale is still going on, but check it out. ive had a no name nardi, jdm wood wheel, personal, and a momo... personal was the cheapest (other than the fake POS nardi wheel) and its my fave. :D

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
this. used wheels that arent completely thrashed are hard to come by

with that said, i love my used personal i got from japan, 35 bones and its all intact!

i remember seeing a legit vendor (not on this forum) selling real personals for like $120 on ebay. not sure if the sale is still going on, but check it out. ive had a no name nardi, jdm wood wheel, personal, and a momo... personal was the cheapest (other than the fake POS nardi wheel) and its my fave. :D
I looked at those, but ended up going with the old tried and true Monte Carlo. I like that vintage 80s look anyway.

·
Registered
11,685 Posts
Used steering wheels sell for a lot for one reason - they're worth it. The leather on my modern Prototipo is not nearly as nice as the leather on any of my vintage wheels. They just don't make them like they used to.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Used steering wheels sell for a lot for one reason - they're worth it. The leather on my modern Prototipo is not nearly as nice as the leather on any of my vintage wheels. They just don't make them like they used to.
Completely agree. I wonder if its worth the effort to trade my Monte Carlo in great condition for something different of equal value/cond. Sometimes you just need a change..idk

1 - 15 of 15 Posts