ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking for the screw that holds the interior door handle trim in place. Not this, just the screw that holds it in place:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/290980838909

Somebody's parting out a Miata and has one, just hoping I can find somebody local so I don't have to spend $20 in shipping.

Also looking for one screw for the sun visor. Like this, without the $7.55 in shipping:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mazda-Miata-MX5-Sun-Visor-Screw-1990-2005-NEW-/390227358403?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item5adb5cf2c3&vxp=mtr

Thanks!
Thomas

·
Registered
74 Posts
You can have my sun visor screw. I never bothered with the blanking plates and I don't even know where my visors are anymore lol, but the screws are still sitting there.

·
Registered
222 Posts
do you have the size of the screw if so try to go to your local hobby shop (they usually have very small screws) or try a big box store like home depot. Dont pay more than 3$ for those screws.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Miiike,
Awesome, now we just have to meet up, I'm in Oakville. If I paypal you a couple of bucks can yo mail one to me?

Dobzen,
The problem is that these are visible on the interior so some silver robertson screws willl look a bit out of place and OEM screws are odd lengths, heads and finidh. Some one somewhere makes them for sure but the easiest is to find someone parting out a car.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I bought brand new OEM screws at the dealer to replace the visible ones in my interior which had been chewed up from careless removal/installation by a previous owner. The price wasn't that bad, and no extra shipping.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I had a couple of leads for the door pull trim screw but they didn't pan out. Anyone have anything before I go to the dealer?

Thanks in advance,
Thomas

·
Registered
375 Posts
Fastenall or Brafasco may be your best bet for specialty screws that will definitely not be at your Home Depot or Canadian Tire. They carry metric as well as special sizes. When the tuning pegs on my daughter's Goya guitar self-destructed, Brafasco had exact replacements for the metric Allen-head screws.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Some guy on kijiji was parting out a yellow 2002 a few days ago.
i actually picked up the whole car. its a rust bucket, but id like to get it up and running for autox. need body panels/exhaust a good tuneup and a battery.

smokesr thanks but for 200 id like to get something without rust.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Go hit the Interstate distributor in Etobicoke (86 Guided Ct). You can get a cheap scratch-n-dent or used battery for way less than a new one.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts