ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I just wanted to say whats up! I am looking to get a Miata in the next few months, and figured I should start doing research. I am thinking a 94. I want to get a proper Front engine, rear wheel drive car again!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Welcome from another newbie! :D

if you get a 94 make sure its a 1.8!!! the 1.6's have a bit of a power loss compared to the 1989-93 models for some reason... something like 116bhp down to 98bhp :(

·
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND
5,096 Posts

if you get a 94 make sure its a 1.8!!! the 1.6's have a bit of a power loss compared to the 1989-93 models for some reason... something like 116bhp down to 98bhp :(
Only you Euro LOSERS have to worry about 1.6 94+. :)

·
Registered
8 Posts

Only you Euro LOSERS have to worry about 1.6 94+. :)
#-o yah buggers!!!!

well mines is a jap anyways... and a 1990 so no problems for me.. i retract my horsepower statement... unless of course you buy an MX5 and not a miata or eunos! :lol:

·
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND
5,096 Posts
Technically, aren't all our cars Japanese?

·
Registered
379 Posts
ultimateforce
Post (No subject)
Posted: Wed May 30, 2007 5:36 am
No. for exenple the VW Eos (and several Ford and Seat) is made in Portugal for all over the World, and the new Scioroco is possible that is going to be made in the same factory

·
Registered
563 Posts
Welcome, If you get a 94 see if you can dig up the specs on the Torsen diff cars. I know in 95 if you had power windows you get a torsen diff. You might want to check that cause you don't want to buy a car with an open diff and do a swap (to expensive).

·
because **** you
6,665 Posts
Welcome!

94-95 > *

:)

ultimateforce
Post (No subject)
Posted: Wed May 30, 2007 5:36 am
No. for exenple the VW Eos (and several Ford and Seat) is made in Portugal for all over the World, and the new Scioroco is possible that is going to be made in the same factory
And exactally how many Miatas were made in Portugal? :lol:

·
Registered
514 Posts
But i thought every miata was made either in Hoku or Hiroshima.

-Jeremy

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Welcome, If you get a 94 see if you can dig up the specs on the Torsen diff cars. I know in 95 if you had power windows you get a torsen diff. You might want to check that cause you don't want to buy a car with an open diff and do a swap (to expensive).
Yeah that is what I am going to be looking for. I want the 1.8 and an LSD. A friend of mine's Miata had power windows and with that, an LSD. Now it is spec Miata. That is the one I drove to convince me on the Miata. I have owned two RX-7s, and FB with an LSD and an FC. I drove a FB with out a LSD and jeez an LSD makes all the difference in the world in a rear wheel drive car.

I have the Grassroots Motorsports with the Breakdown of all the years of the Miata; so I will use that to help.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Yeah that is what I am going to be looking for. I want the 1.8 and an LSD. A friend of mine's Miata had power windows and with that, an LSD. Now it is spec Miata. That is the one I drove to convince me on the Miata. I have owned two RX-7s, and FB with an LSD and an FC. I drove a FB with out a LSD and jeez an LSD makes all the difference in the world in a rear wheel drive car.

I have the Grassroots Motorsports with the Breakdown of all the years of the Miata; so I will use that to help.
Cool man. Good luck finding one and you will enjoy it. These cars are nearly bullit proof.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I have had mine since Feb. not ONE problem with it yet, a few tiny things, I LOVE IT!!!! Cannot see myself selling it or trading it anytime soon, mods are endless and it puts a smile on your face everyday!

·
Registered
209 Posts
DO A COMPRESSION/LEAK DOWN TEST.

My 95, after all my struggles with it being totalled, blew a headgasket a couple of weeks after it getting back on the road. I don't blame the PO, just myself for not getting it checked out (I'm broke, and a cheapass as well)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts