ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
CR.net Supporter
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found this potential gem on craigslist: http://sandiego.craigslist.org/nsd/cto/3001497775.html

for an 04, the price is almost too good to be true. The ad claims it was only front bumper damage that caused the car to be totaled. Otherwise I'm looking at spending 3k for either an NA or NB (I know that's kind of an unrealistic price range for an NB, but I can still dream :mrgreen:). I know that every salvage title has a different story, but what experiences have people here had with salvage titles?

Oh, and I used to have a black 97 NA that I sold back in 2010 and then nabbed a 98 BMW M3 right before I got stationed here in CA, but the wife wants her own fun car so I suggested Miatas as part of my nefarious scheme to own a Miata again ;)

·
Registered
72 Posts
My 2000 is a salvage. As was one of my C5s, my truck, my S13, my S14, and my FD.

I get them a lot cheaper and since they're all projects anyway, it was never a big deal...

·
Registered
755 Posts
looks too good to be true.

·
CR.net Supporter
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My 2000 is a salvage. As was one of my C5s, my truck, my S13, my S14, and my FD.

I get them a lot cheaper and since they're all projects anyway, it was never a big deal...
Are these all craigslist finds? Or do you go to some super-secret auction to buy your cars?

looks too good to be true.
Yeah, I figured considering a 2000 NB will usually go for around 5-6k with high mileage

·
Registered
72 Posts
Are these all craigslist finds? Or do you go to some super-secret auction to buy your cars?

Yeah, I figured considering a 2000 NB will usually go for around 5-6k with high mileage
copart.com

My 2001 Corvette had 21k miles(this was in March of 2006), and I paid 17,500 for it. They jump started it(needed a battery), and I drove it directly to work from the auction site. My NB I paid 1640 for it with two dings and a lot of miles. But it's a 5spd with AC and Cruise control, so a good starting point.

My S14 I bought was a 95 SE back in 2004. Paid 1800 for it. Damage upfront but could be driven. My S13 coupe 5spd was damaged infront and not a driver(radiator was damaged), but I paid 650 for it. My '96 Chevy 4x4 Extra cab Z71 I bought in 2001 for 8800 dollars. Was a theft recovery but a driver with no damage anywhere(and was fully loaded with 72k miles).

Patience can score you some good deals. :phillyb:

·
Registered
126 Posts
I've seen this car, the guy drove it to my spot. Nice dude. But what you don't see will turn you off. It's more than a bumper damage. When I saw the front its practically warped. The hood does not fit well, spacings are off.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Ive seen this car frm 6.5 to 5.5 and now its at 4.5 wait another week or 2 and offer him 3k cash and u might get it if you think its worth it hahaha

·
Registered
196 Posts
depends how its salvage - mines salvage because it was stolen a few years back, before i got it

·
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND
5,096 Posts
It still might be worth it, check it out in person definitely. If it drives straight and doesn't make any weird noises it's probably okay.

·
brontosaurus
7,236 Posts
Check the car out, a front bumper won't total the car. He's already lying to you. Not a good starting point.

Go see it, ask him what really happened. Check the front end out really well.

·
Supporting Mamber
3,672 Posts
I've seen this car, the guy drove it to my spot. Nice dude. But what you don't see will turn you off. It's more than a bumper damage. When I saw the front its practically warped. The hood does not fit well, spacings are off.
Has nobody here read this post?

·
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND
5,096 Posts
I only read my own posts.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts