ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,938 Posts
I'm guessing this is for an NA?

If so, you can upgrade to Bosch E-codes and upgraded bulbs and have a drastic change over stock

Option 2 is finding a set of clear lens headlights and putting projectors in them. I've not done a set for the NA yet but would be willing to try it out if you want projectors in the NA

Don't buy the "Projector" lenses off ebay for the NA, they're just reflector based lamps with a lens in front that actually hurts output

·
Chinchilla Rancher
3,880 Posts
It's not hard at all to replace a regular miata headlight. 4 screws for the headlight shroud then 3 more I think for the bezel that holds the light in place then unplug from the back of the light then do everything in reverse once you have the new light plugged in.

·
Esteemed Veteran Member
972 Posts
Don't be so thick. The headlight IS the bulb. They're cheap. They are called 7" sealed beam headlights and can be found at every auto parts store, farm and tractor store or hardware store worth their salt.

Or, if you want an upgrade, get a set of Bosch or Hella H4 replacements.

·
Premium Member
2,938 Posts
if you're going to replace the factory sealed beams, might as well upgrade while you're at it

As to projectors, it's not the bulbs that are projectors. The bulbs go into the projectors

I'd love to share more info on putting projetors into an NA i just havn't done it yet.

But for upgrade, there's a VW van store on ebay that sells bosch units for cheap
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bosch-H4-He...r_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item1c2394ebfa

·
Premium Member
2,938 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
I vouch for the busdepot bosch e-codes, good stuff.
But running 100watt bulbs can fry wiring unless you run relays and thicker wiring. The 55/60 are plenty for me and I do a lot of night driving.
I run the flosser bulbs from busdepot.

·
Super Moderator
6,624 Posts
I picked up the Hella e-codes at $70 for a set on Amazon and I've been very happy with them.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,345 Posts
I vouch for the busdepot bosch e-codes, good stuff.
But running 100watt bulbs can fry wiring unless you run relays and thicker wiring. The 55/60 are plenty for me and I do a lot of night driving.
I run the flosser bulbs from busdepot.
This is regurgitated garbage from >^..^< Catman >^..^< on m.net . I've run 80/100 bulbs for almost four years now without issue. So have many other people. IIRC there are no documented cases of melted wiring, but I could be wrong.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I have heard of other cars melt wiring, not miatas, but an hour of work and a few dollars for relays is a good safety measure against electrical fire. I am a better safe than sorry person though.

I actual read the stories on 4x4 forums. My two cars are a slammed miata and a 4runner on 33x12.5 tires.
I don't bother much with m.net car is slammed, they wouldn't like me there.

Either way e codes are the way to go.

·
Registered
433 Posts
If you name the right price I might be willing to let go of my fx-r in the 7" housing ;)

Or I could get off my lazy ass and finish my set of 7" with mini h1.

But just buy e codes or get the moss kit. I emailed them and they will sell the parts separately. So you would be able to order the hid version on the 90mm hella housings. That will be crazy pricy but it would be a good solid setup.

·
Premium Member
6,345 Posts
I have heard of other cars melt wiring, not miatas, but an hour of work and a few dollars for relays is a good safety measure against electrical fire. I am a better safe than sorry person though.

I actual read the stories on 4x4 forums. My two cars are a slammed miata and a 4runner on 33x12.5 tires.
I don't bother much with m.net car is slammed, they wouldn't like me there.

Either way e codes are the way to go.
Can't blame you for wanting to do it right, props. Assuming the stock wiring is insufficient upgrading the electricals should give brighter output too.

·
Registered
716 Posts
I just bought these. I hope they work well. I'm better off using 2 flashlights than my current headlights.
for a second, I thought you were USING 2 flashlights as your headlights, first I was like "wat de efff?" then I thought of those 1,2 million candle power search lights, but then I was back to "wat de eff??"

btw, you're a fucking post monster lol

·
Registered
799 Posts
well it seems like its used with h4 bulbs so u can buy replacement for it. Also i assume the bulb that it comes with is utter crap also 0-0.....

i love my upgrade which is the hella e-codes and yes hid h4 kit...it has a cutoff somewhat and no one has flashed their highbeam at me. might be doing a projector upgrade soon enough though!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts