ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
The Boss
2,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm having a loss of power. I tried replacing the spark plug wires but it didn't help. The car drives fine under low throttle but bring it up to WOT and it sounds like it has an intake and hardly accelerates at all. If I'm WOT it won't make it past 5k rpm.

Does any of this sound familiar to anyone? It's a 90 and all stock.

·
Candy ass miata man
3,655 Posts
This happened to me and it ended up being spark plug wires, I put in new spark plugs too (might be something you might wanna check out).
It sorta sounded like a subaru cutting out. Hopefully its a cheap easy fix.

EDIT: I did read your 2nd sentence but it didnt say you replaced your spark plugs which is what I said you might wanna check out.

·
d[-_-]b 56-783
1,448 Posts
This happened to me and it ended up being spark plug wires, I put in new spark plugs too (might be something you might wanna check out).
It sorta sounded like a subaru cutting out. Hopefully its a cheap easy fix.
Read my second sentence.
read the 2nd part of his 1st sentence. :mrgreen:

·
SuperMOD
7,045 Posts
You can pull your O2 sensor out to check if the cat is clogged. It will relieve enough pressure to check, and it's much quicker.

My clogged cat was sudden, but I was also probably shooting HOT FYAH out of the exhaust at the time.

·
The Boss
2,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It's definitely the cat. The longer I drive it the slower it gets, almost to the point of it not able to accelerate at all.

·
Supporting Member
2,284 Posts
Give that man a cigar!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts