ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 142 Posts

·
Resident BMW Apologist
2,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought my fourth Miata, a '99 Emerald Green. I previously owned a red '90, a '97M and a 10AE, all of which I decided to sell for one reason or another.

Anyway, I think I might have finally found a keeper. This one only has 39k miles, came with a full stack of service records and was bone stock except for a turrible set of 17" wheels which I immediately replaced with the 14x7 RPF1s that I had on my '97M.

Conveniently, I already have an Emerald Green hardtop sitting in my garage that I had bought for my '97M since the color was close enough.

Next step is suspension; I will most likely go with a Bilstein/GC or Illumina/FM shock/spring setup.

Ideally, I would like to swap the black interior out for a tan one at some point.

More progress and photos to come; stay tuned :icon_cheers:

·
Resident BMW Apologist
2,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Please tell me you're going to retrofit an NA tan interior and not the turrrible NB light beige yuckiness.

P.S. Your NA was a beaut.
I may just do seats and carpet... entire interior might be too much of a pain in the ass. Thanks for the love for the NA. As good as that car looked, it was too rusty to keep forever.

Did a whole bunch of work today. Polished the headlights, cleaned the soft top drains, removed the useless trailer hitch, installed hardtop side strikers, and gave it a good cleaning inside and out.

IMG_6236 by jlouros, on Flickr

IMG_6223 by jlouros, on Flickr

·
Registered
3,668 Posts
When you gonna lower that bad boy? :fab:

Was good too see you and have a good laugh Sunday dude. :woolery:

·
Registered
5,005 Posts
Every Miata enthusiast should own a NA and NB at all times. ;) I miss my NB1 all the time but if I sold my NA then I would miss it, thus the elegant solution. : 3gears: Yes it needs lowness. :icon_cheers:

·
Resident BMW Apologist
2,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
When you gonna lower that bad boy? :fab:

Was good too see you and have a good laugh Sunday dude. :woolery:
Good seeing you too buddy. Probably going to order some 949 Tecnas over the winter.

Every Miata enthusiast should own a NA and NB at all times. ;) I miss my NB1 all the time but if I sold my NA then I would miss it, thus the elegant solution. : 3gears: Yes it needs lowness. :icon_cheers:
I wouldn't mind having one of each; I have the space in my driveway... if I happen to come across a tan interior NA6 for a good price I'd probably have a hard time passing it up.

1 - 20 of 142 Posts